Baby Corner

Old 09-30-04, 12:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Talking Update on Us!

I haven't been around much - things have been hectic and outright crazy! But, I wanted to pop in and catch up and update you all.

Elizabeth is doing incredibly in Kindergarten. She is the oldest and most mature in her class. Her teacher called me after school one day last week to tell me how great she's doing. She takes over the class at times (but Mrs. Torres said it was all in a good way). She said Liz is a great friend to every classmate and if ever anyone is feeling sad, Liz will put her arm around that person and cheer them up. The teacher went on to say that she was writing her substitute teacher plans and made a note to the sub saying if there were any questions, she should just ask Liz!

So, no worries there.

Liz is quite the little soccer star, scoring a hat trick at both of first two games. She missed a game last weekend because we went camping, but she's anxious to get back on the field this week. It's a lot of fun (and much different than the boys) to watch.

Bradley is having a wonderful school year. The demands are high, but he's rising up to meet them. And his behavior in the classroom has improved dramatically. It's amazing what a good teacher can do (his teacher last year was TERRIBLE).

Brad has also turned in a real soccer player. After every game his coach comes to talk to us to tell us how impressed he is. Brad is by far the best defensive player on the team (which is especially funny to us because up until this season, he was never very good because he lacked the aggressiveness necessary to go after the ball). He may not be as skilled as a couple of the other kids on the team but he really gets out there and plays with all his heart - making him the biggest hustler on the team. We've been really proud of him this season (of course we're always really proud of him!)

Andrew and I are doing a Mom and Tot preschool class one afternoon a week and he loves it. He complained for the first couple of weeks that the kids went off to school because he wanted to go to kindergarten, too. So, I found this program and now he will lecture anyone that listens: "I go preschool, when I five I go kindergarten".

Mike and I are doing great and working out butts off to keep on top of where everyone is supposed to be and what they are supposed to have done. We are also in the process of a redecorating project in the house. It's keeping us busy. But, we're not moving nearly fast enough for my taste (hard to do because we're so rarely home!).

That reminds me. We are looking for new lighting fixtures. Anyone know a good place to look? I can't spend a ton, so it's been hard because everything I like is just too expensive. We have a two-story staircase, so I need a good large-ish chandelier for there and a matching semi-flush ceiling light for the foyer. I'd also like a new chandelier and ceiling light for the kitchen, but that's not as crucial in this decorating phase. I want them all in brushed nickel finish and it's proving a difficult find. Any suggestions?

Back to catching up on all the posts!

Old 09-30-04, 01:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Y'all sound so busy!!! I'm glad to hear the kids are doing well with school and Andrew doesn't miss them too bad!

As for the lights, my in-laws just got some neat lights at Lowe's. You might want to check there. I don't know if their website has stuff or not, but they are brushed nickel.

Old 09-30-04, 02:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow, I'm worn out just reading your post! All sound great and I'm so glad Liz is doing so well in Kindy! yay for her!

I can't even believe Andrew is old enough to talk! time sure flies!

Thanks for the update! Glad you are doing so well!

Old 09-30-04, 05:58 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

thanks for the update! Its good to see you posting!
I'm glad to hear everybody is doing so great & that Liz loves Kindy so much

Old 09-30-04, 07:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks for the update, you sound great! Everything with your family sounds excellent! We miss you posting around here!

How's your dad?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools