Baby Corner

Old 02-03-10, 05:25 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Talking Let's have an update!

It's been a bit dead around here lately as I am sure we are busy, so let's have an update!

Weight & Height: last time we checked it was 21 lbs & about 31 5/8" tall
Clothing size: 18-24mnths
Shoe size: 4
Diaper size: 3
Any new fave/hate foods? She loves applesauce, fish, broccoli, green beans, cheese, peaches, yogurt and many others! She does not seem to like most rice blends, cherries, or peas.
Any new skills/activities? She is walking like a pro & almost running, always exploring her climbing abilities even more.(tried to climb into her high chair the other day) She understands a lot of what we ask & loves to show us how she can help. (throws away trash, gets her shoes for us, wipes up a spill, etc) She has quite a lot of words in her vocab & will basically try & repeat anything you say, which means we have to watch what we say! LOL! She hasn't start putting together words yet, but I am sure she will by the summer.

Our major thing is that she started daycare 2 days a week last week. She of course got a cold/cough, but she seems to enjoy being around the other kids, the teacher, etc.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 02-03-10 at 05:27 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word & title change

Old 02-04-10, 01:17 AM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Weight & Height: It's been a long time since we've checked. She's always at the top of the chart for height (95%-97%) and she was 30 lbs back in September, so probably a bit more than that now... although you'd never guess since she's so thin. It's her height that makes her a little heavier I think, either that or she's packing away food in a hollow leg somewhere..
Clothing size: 3T shirts, 2T pants, the pants are starting to be small on her, we'll probably upgrade to 3 very soon.
Shoe size: 7 or 8, depending on the fit.
Diaper size: 5
Any new fave/hate foods? She's been really REALLY picky lately. Hoping it's a phase because it's getting old REALLY fast! She likes (as always) grapes, yogurt, cheese, strawberries, breakfast cereal, pancakes/french toast, and meat in abundance! She's not really a big fan of veggies aside from green beans and carrots. She HATES cauliflower! I can't even hide it in stuff it's like she knows it's there!!!

Any new skills/activities? She repeats absolutely everything we say... everything! She's starting to pick up on associations in conversation. For example we like to take a drive to the arena 5 minutes away to watch my little cousins play hockey. Chloe LOVES watching hockey! She cheers and boos and claps along with everyone else. My cousin K (girl, 8 yrs old) plays there and she loves her so much! She's always looking for her, waving at her, and asking for her. The other night I said we were going to go see K after supper. She looked at me and said "Play hockey?"

We were actually going to her house to play, but I love that she knows we usually see her at the rink!

Old 02-04-10, 01:19 AM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I was going to add also...

We were at Costco tonight and she took a swipe at my face trying to hit my glasses. My DH said "Chloe! No swiping!" to which she promptly replied "A

MAN!!!" Haha... think we watch enough Dora?

Old 02-04-10, 01:52 PM
is loving the cool ocean air
Community Member

Thanked 100 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sam
Weight & Height: I think he is probably 26 lbs. Not sure about height.
Clothing size: 18-24 months or 2T
Shoe size: 5
Any new fave/hate foods? He eats pretty much everything we eat. He loves carrots and any fruit.

Any new skills/activities? He is walking very well. He climbs on everything. We have had to rearrange our living room to make sure he can't climb from one piece of furniture to the next. He is really into drinking out of a cup or a sipping from a straw right now. He wants nothing to do with sippy cups! He did just start saying Bauer (our dog's name), Uh-Oh, and sometimes Mama. That is about it for words.

Our pediatrician wants him to have some further evals for speech. Those are scheduled for the middle of February.

Old 02-04-10, 02:43 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Athemia
Weight & Height: at her last app she was around 23 pounds and jsut about as many inches tall if I remember right. I don't know what I did with the sheet it's written on!
Clothing size: 24 month/2T, but that's mostly getting small so as soon as DH brings up my 3T bin, she will be going to that size
Shoe size: 6 or 6 and a half
Any new fave/hate foods? she LOVES fruit and HATES veggies (unless it's tomato sauce or if the veggies are hidden in stuff) she loves sweets and crackers of anykind and she loves mashed potatoes. She'll eat most foods really, it's kinda tough to find stuff she dislikes (other than veggies!)
Any new skills/activities? She is doing better with her walking, but I still want to get a 2nd opinion on her leg issues. She is starting to form more and more words and even though I'm the only one that knows what she says for the most part, I'm just glad she's learning to talk and getting away from the screeching and crying! She likes to sit on the "pah, pah" (potty chair), but I don't think she has a clue as to why! I'm not going to force the issue for awhile yet, but I'm glad she likes to sit there! It's a start!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools