Baby Corner

Old 09-20-04, 09:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default weekend update

well we had a eventfull weekend raven had her first real hair cut (they didnt cut much ) she sat through a 1/2 hour of detangling then a wash and con. then the cut when it was all done the lady asked he if she liked it and Raven said "well it will be better when we get home and mom fixes it, you brushed it to long and it is puffy" she was right it was puffy but still we had to have a talk on tact it was quite a fun lunch sitting in MC Donalds and having to explain a "white lie" then we went home and did her hair the next day sunday Jalen playes popwarner football he loves it I could do with out it well to make a long story short he got hit by 3 players at once one to the head one the side and a late hit staight to his back I saw him pull his helmet off and though ok he is fine but then they get a EMT out there and DH goes running out and the next thing I know there is a ambulance pulling onto the field I had to pack the kids and the dog up then headed to the hospital DH went with when we got ther Jalen was so upset I asked him what was wrong(he was straped to a gurney with a neck brace on but was moving his feet and hands and wiggling all over ) he looked me in the eyes and started to cry Mom he said " I think I just had a career ending injury" it was all i could do not to laugh from relief here he was moving all over the place complaining that his pads were digging into his skin and he was hungry and just wanted to get up but at the same time thinking he was done with football for life I LOVE MY BOY Needless to say he just knocked the wind out of himself and has a nice black and blue mark on his back, but he was ready to go back to the game I on the other hand took a deep breath and said a prayer and thanked god he was all ready for pratice today and the team was glad to see him oooh the life of a mom with sports fanatic Kids

Old 09-20-04, 09:55 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Wow, your story about Jalen's football game scared me to death. Thank goodness it wasn't a serious injury, and I laughed at his line about "career ending injury"! Good for you to let him keep playing - I'm not sure I'd have the courage.

Jo

Old 09-21-04, 01:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

That must have been so scary seeing Jalen strapped to a gurney! I'm glad he's ok and that he can keep his sense of humor!

Old 09-21-04, 04:27 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

LOl about both Raven & Jalen's comments! Poor Jalen though he must have been very worried!

Post a pic if you can of the kids. I don't believe I've ever seen them!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools