Baby Corner

Old 09-27-04, 09:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Weekend updates?

I have had the WORST week in many moons! It really went from bad to worse, here's a little preview.

1. DH had backed into my van a few weeks ago, to make matters worse, I backed into a mailbox on Wednesday! The damage is bad and we are going to have to pay for it all!

2. A neighbor spent days emailing me hate mail because I am on the HOA board and she was pissed about something. I was really upset by her actions, it took days to resolve.

3. My communication committee members went off and did a bunch of stuff without telling me which cause a big problem....not major but it stunk at the time.

4. My mom got mad at me because I didn't give her enough time this past week.

5. Both my kids were ill behaved all week!

6. I misplaced a HUGE sum of money. I was doing our business bills and realized I was missing all deposits for August. I finally found it (it was in my personal account by mistake) but DH and I were FREAKED for a few hours.

7. My AF came one full week early and it came with a bang.

I know that the important things are okay but I was in near tears all week long. I finally realized that I am going a million miles a hour and I need to drop something from my list of work and volunteer duties.

That being said, it was a nice weekend. We had a Jewish holiday on Saturday and I hosted the break fast. Everyone loved my food and I showed everyone my new plans for slowly redoing my kitchen. I am pulling down the wallpaper and putting up a reddish paint called flower pot! I am very excited!

Sunday we headed out to a County fair. It was expensive and fattening but fun! Emma rode her ponies (Sharyn we need to visit!) and Alex and Daryl visited all the freak attractions. At one point Emma thought I had walked off (I was right there) and literally lost it for a few minutes. I felt so bad for her!

Today Alex gave his VP speech in front of all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. DH and I came to watch. He is running against 5 other excellent candidates so who knows?

Thanks for listening, I needed to dump this out!

Old 09-27-04, 11:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Man, what a full plate! I hope this week is better for you! It sounds like you need some Jan time to relax and start fresh this week!

My weekend wasn't really exciting. I got back from Dallas on Friday evenin and took the boys to MIL's for dinner (I got back early and she was going to make dinner and watch them while Dh played softball, so I decided why should I cook when she already planned too?!) Just kind of hung out Friday.

Saturday we had nothing planned. We putzed around in the morning and had some lunch at home and went to run errands for a couple hours. We went to dinner and the boys played outside for awhile.

Sunday I decided I was coughing too much to go to church so I went to Wal-Mart and grocery shopping and we just hung around the house all day. Daniel went to a birthday party down the street and Josh played at a friend's house across the street. Dinner at home, played outside some more and to bed early!

What a boring weekend for us! I took today off since last Friday was supposed to be my day off and I went to Starbucks with my neighbor and to Wal-Mart with her. I'm doing laundry as I type this and I'm going to have lunch with Daniel. This afternoon I have a dr's appointment to try and get rid of this sinus stuff I've had for three weeks!

Old 09-27-04, 11:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Jan, I'm sorry everything seems to be hitting you at once! Take a deep breath and know you will get through it!

I had an incredibly busy weekend. Connor's soccer practice is on Friday nights now, from 6-7, so we did that, then went to dinner and to Target to buy birthday presents for Saturday. Rich and I got in a big fight because he was being so negative to Connor about the soccer practice. He kept telling Connor that he wasnt trying hard enough and all the other kids were better than him! I couldn't believe it so I tried to counteract it by saying positive things and we ended up in a big fight.

Saturday morning was the soccer game and Rich and I were still pissy at each other so I sat in the chair and he dealt with Annie behind the parents. Connor's team won and I thought he did just fine! I mean he's not a star or anything but he was playing his heart out and he was really good at getting the ball away from the other team's players, so I praised the heck out of him for that!!

Then we headed for the first of two birthday parties, just a couple doors down from us. It was an outside party with a bouncy house and the kids were enjoying themselves but we could only stay for about an hour, then had to head down to my cousin's son's birthday, about a 45 minute drive. That was a swim party and we stayed until about 4pm. It was nice to see some extended family I don't get to see that often.

Then (yes our adventures for the day were not over yet!) we met our church's high school youth group at a pizza parlour for dinner, hung out there for a while, stopped for ice cream and finally got back home about 7:30! It was a full day and we were all exhausted.

Yesterday after church I went to Costco which I actually enjoy! Finally got to relax a little in the evening.

Old 09-27-04, 02:53 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Diane, I have a love/hate relationship with Costco!

Jan, the part about 3. "My communication committee members went off and did a bunch of stuff without telling me" almost made me laugh...isn't the communications committee supposed to communicate?!?! I'm glad the weekend got better & I hope the latest hurricane isn't causing too much trouble for you.

Sat morning I went horseback riding with DH & a friend. Too hot to be much fun. I'm hopeing Autumn hits soon! Then I had to rush to get girls from Grandmas, home to take a shower, and then to my nieces bday party. That was fun. She had everybody dress in Princess costumes & she painted their faces. I spent a lot of time talkign with a friend of my sister about all the movies & commercials that make both of us cry.

Sunday I took out Rachel on her pony. She isn't anywhere as interested as I would have hoped she would be. Its wortk to get the pony ready to ride and also she gets frustrated because she isn't good at controlling the pony (and he knows it so he'll ignore her if she doesn't keep on him. Shetlands are notoriously stubborn.) She had lessons for a while but she wasn't improving so I stopped for a while. I'm hoping that if we lay off for a while she'll get more interested again. Leanna still won't get on. All the way over she said she was going to (totally her idea too, no prompting from anybody else) but then she backed out.

Old 09-27-04, 07:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Jan, I'm sorry you are having a rotten week

You really do have your plate full.

My weekend, was pretty boring as usual.

Saturday morning I had to go to the clinic and have a cyst/sty type looking thing on my eyelid checked out. She referred me to an opthamologist to have it checked out. I have my appointment for Thursday morning. ( The darn thing burst and drained last night,

)
Michael had a birthday party, but called me less than an hour into the party to go and pick him up. The boys were wrestling, and he was upset, wanted to come home, LOL..
Mike came home from work at 4pm... just in time for me to go to work for 6.

Sunday, I worked.

My exciting weekend, as usual

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools