Baby Corner

Old 05-23-08, 06:47 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default What is your day like?

I was chatting with Jess the other day and realized we still don't really have a routine all day.... I can't remember with the boys when they fell into a routine nap time? We still pretty much have an EASY routine- eat, activity, sleep.... but her naps are all over the place and we don't have a long one at all

I'm not complaining too much bc her nights are fabulous- but i'm wonding if the other babies are having a routine nap time yet?

L usually is up between 7-8am, eats, then usually has a nice nap in the morning until 9:30 or 10am.... then it's all over the place after that!

Old 05-23-08, 09:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 174 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Noah is still doing the EASY too, but is slowly getting into a routine. He's up around 730-8am, morning nap from 9-11ish (sometimes he'll have a 3 hr nap here!)
then afternoon nap around 1230-1pm (if it's a 1 1/2 hr nap he usually gets up for an hour and then back for a short nap before his next bottle (he still can't stay awake for much more than an hour at a time!)
Then he has an evening nap from around 5-630, and still manages to sleep 12 hrs at night. I can't wait until he can stay up a bit longer so we can play!!

Old 05-23-08, 01:06 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 5%

we are totally on a schedule here...i wont even say routine, because its not. the past week Lola has slept from 8 to 8. i found the secret for OUR success...when i get home from work, we take michael to school and then come home for breakfast (lolas) at 815am. Then at 955am she goes down for a nap (unswaddled and on her belly) until 1045am. then she is up and has lunch at noon. then, at 2pm she goes back down until 315pm (unswaddled and on her belly) after that, no more naps. I found that she sleeps much, much better overnight this way. sometimes she will sleep from 8pm until 945am! i know this sounds SO anal, but it works for us. i was much more comfortable with her napping schedule when i found that she is not the least bit fussy in the early evenings..i figured if she was sleepy, she would be irritable..but, she does take a little cap nap from 530pm until 550pm. I manage to sleep for about 3 hours during the day..when juan gets home, i am off to the gym, home, dinner and in bed by 7pm. then i am up at 930pm and get ready for work. God, im exhausted even typing this out.

Old 05-23-08, 03:04 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 5%

No schedule here yet, and he's still getting up 1-2 times at night.

Old 05-23-08, 03:09 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 100.83%

We really don't have a schedule here. Whether I'm home or Mike/Mom feeds her EBM bottle's, her last feeding is around 10:30pm and she is sleeping until around 8:00am and then will usually go back down for a couple hours. That's about the only "routine" things we do and even then it varies here and there. I don't think I'll try to get a schedule for awhile because our days are never the same here.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools