Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
What are your kids learning?

What are your kids learning?

Reply Post New Topic

• DanJoshMom DanJoshMom's Avatar 10-18-04 | 12:47 PM
  • Is there anything they are learning that just blows your mind that they are learning (and understanding) at this age?

Daniel told me this weekend that moonlight is a compound word because it's made up of two words. Then he starts counting by tens and then by twos!!! I don't remember learning any of that stuff in kindergarten.

His class has done units on spiders and bats and dinosaurs. They are just learning all kinds of cool stuff.
  • janney janney's Avatar 10-19-04 | 09:27 AM
  • She is not that far ahead-at least not that I know of! We just had our conference and I was told she is a fast moving average group (they are all average unless they are doing first grade work). She constantly is sounding out words and that blows me away considering she didn't know all her lower letters six months ago!
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 10-19-04 | 12:28 PM
  • Milo is learning about the Country he lives in, the State and who is the President, etc. right now, in addition to learning about pumpkins, and how they grow, Halloween, adding one digit math problems, and some art. He's got the sounds of almost all of the letters down and is starting to put together short 2-3 letter words and write them. He is dying to learn to read, so I am working with him on that too.

• Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 10-19-04 | 12:55 PM
  • I am also amazed that Connor is sounding out words, and that he is starting to try to spell.

Frankly, I don't really know how much they are learning in school. His class is so big, I don't see how they can teach them. I'm so glad Connor went to a good preschool and has a good understanding going in. I also got confirmation that the new school in our neighborhood will be open for next school year, thank goodness!
  • JoanneE JoanneE's Avatar 10-20-04 | 12:30 AM
  • Kaylie is working on spelling (in first grade at our school they learn "book spelling") and subtraction. She is doing very well with her reading - I think she is at the 2nd grade level (I'm so proud!).

Jo

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!