Baby Corner

Old 06-22-10, 04:39 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question Wild boy!

Preston is super cute and very sweet ... but he is ALL boy! Seriously we have days where I wonder if we will both get through alive.

Unless he is being constantly entertained he gets into trouble. He is also VERY opinionated. He screams "I don't want to" all the time. He flings his food all over the kitchen, loves throwing my pillows from the couch downstairs, steals toys from Cora and laughs hysterically . . . I could go on and on.

Cora wasn't nearly this hard as a two year old but she really tried my patience at three. (For those with girls, I've found that 3 years old is SO much worse than 2. Thankfully there is a light at the end of that madness because 4 seems to be MUCH better!)

Anyway - how are you other ladies doing with your two year old boys?

Old 06-23-10, 12:09 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Well, Louie has tantrums and such, par for the course for this age, but he generally seems sweeter than his brother was at the same age. I think because Marek is such a force to be reckoned with, Lu is generally less volatile. He is a troublemaker when it comes to getting into things, though. He is much more resourceful when it comes to getting around childproofing. I guess it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other as to which was harder.

Old 06-23-10, 07:12 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Preston is pretty good at getting around childproofing too! We have cabinet locks in the kitchen and he will open the cabinets and squeeze his arm in so he can get the chemicals like windex, orange cleaner, etc. THEN he sprays it (it's still in the cabinet) out the little hole onto the floor, himself ... and in his mouth!!!

He LOVES opening the bathroom doors, locking them, then slamming the door shut and laughing hysterically as he runs away!!! Seriously, it's exhausting!

Old 06-25-10, 03:06 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

sounds like you both have two resourceful typical boys

I have 3 older brothers and my mum always said there was an ocean difference between the sexes. Lucy is a sweetheart very gentle and sweetnatured, I'm trying to get her to speak up a bit more and bring her out of her shell a little bit. She is so polite always says thankyou mama after I hand her anything and loves to sing and dance with me

seriously since having a toddler I've probably come out of my shell like never before, I can never say no to my little girl

We are just back from hols last week where she had an amazing time and was in her element dining out each night and had all the waiters/waitresses in every restaurant coming over and coooing over her, she loved the attention.

oh another update is that I'm 6wks pregnant

Lucy will be a big sister at last and both Karl and I are beyond thrilled and humbled to be allowed to be given this miraculous journey to parenthood once again. If you see me on Facebook don't mention it as it's not public knowledge yet!

Old 06-25-10, 08:44 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Wow, congratulations Therese! That's amazing!!!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
mac71 (06-25-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools