Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Ages & Stages - Toddlers (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/ages-stages-toddlers-11)
-   -   Should I be worried or is it a stage? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/ages-stages-toddlers-11/should-i-worried-stage-400654)

lauralkemp 02-24-11 11:06 AM

Should I be worried or is it a stage?

The last couple of nights Joseph has gotten up around 1-2 am and climbed into bed with us. Last night he did so well I barely realized it. The night before he wanted to play but finally settled down. I'm not concerned exactly but I don't want to set a pattern. Should I take him back to his room?

I was thinking that maybe his room is getting too cool at night and it's waking him up. I think I'll try turning up the heat just a notch tonight and see if that helps. His room is on the south wall and we are the end unit so he doesn't have the extra insulation of another apartment like our room does.Plus all our windows suck for sealing.

This is the good and bad of living in a warm weather state. We don't need the heat 90% of the time during the day but forget about needing it at night when the temp drops at least 20*.

MrsS1stbaby 02-24-11 12:42 PM

I would definitely take him back to his room before a habit does develop. If you think the tempature is the culprit and he isn't keeping blankets on (as most toddlers do not_ or is not wearing "cold" weather PJ\'s, I have seen online that they sell those same sleep sacks that are for babies in big kids sizes. I\'ve never seen them in stores, but I think the company that makes them also sells them online. Or maybe try tucking him "snug a s bug" and tuck the top blanket under/into the mattress?

Our house is old, not insulated, and drafty so it gets cold at night. Ever since dd was born I just am constantly waking up several times a night & going in her room to cover her up. I think it is a subconcious thing my mind is doing. And now I am up several times to use the restroom anyways, so I often check on her as well. In the winter when it got REALLY cold, I would put her in socks & then the footie PJ\'s on top as an extra layer for her feet, lol.

lauralkemp 02-24-11 05:17 PM

Well both nights he was wearing fuzzy footy pjs. He always throws the blankets off. I used to put a onsie on him when he was a baby maybe I\'ll do that tonight especially as I think I need to wash the fuzzy pjs and only have cotton ones.

teddybear1082 02-24-11 07:08 PM

I would definitely put him back in his room before he gets used to it! If you need more layers for him try a wearable blanket for him. I have these and use them when I don\'t have fleece pj\'s available.

I also saw these on the same site and I know people who have used them:

lauralkemp 02-24-11 08:18 PM

Yeah, I have never been an advocate of co-sleeping.I don\'t object if it were a bad dream but he seems to be just awake. If he does it tonight after the extra layers and heat on then I\'ll make sure his pants are changed and dry and put him back to bed. Thanks ladies.