Baby Corner

Old 03-09-06, 08:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Amy and daddy had a fight

Amy wanted to wear a dress to day-care / school today. She and DH have worked out a routine of alternating pants days with skirt days. Today was supposed to be a skirt day. She doesn't really have any winter dresses. The only thing she has that is close to warm enough is dirty.

DH and I discussed it, because it is fairly warm today. The only clean dress she has is a sun-dress. It's not that warm. DH and I started out quite calmly, but when DD said she doesn't love DH and she wants a new daddy because he doesn't love her either, he got a little upset. She ended up in tears because DH picked out clothes for her. He told her she was allowed to substitute the shirt, but that she couldn't wear a dress today. We will wash her dress today and she can wear it tomorrow. But, that messes up the pattern; tomorrow is a pants day.

She finally calmed down and she and I talked about it. She agreed to wear a skirt today and that mommy and daddy love her no matter what. She even apologised to DH. Everybody seems to be friends again. She tends to argue and fight with DH more than me. I think it's because he's very sensitive to her saying she doesn't love him. I seem to be better able to stay calm when she says it to me, but it upsets him (even when she says it to me). Five minutes later, she'll say she wants 100 mommies and daddies just like us because she loves us so much.

Old 03-09-06, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad it got settled! It's a hard age for everyone!

Old 03-09-06, 03:43 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

wow - that's rough.
Sarah doesn't say that stuff really she doesn't try to negotiate or become stubborn either. My problem is Sarah is sneaky. She'll tell you okay and then turn around when you're not looking and change her clothes or sneak whatever it is she wanted
Andrew, he does the temper tantrum type stuff and attempts to negotiate like Amy...
I don't know which is worse.

Old 03-13-06, 01:56 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Kevin says he hates me all the time! makes me sad. But we are working on saying the right words.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools