Baby Corner

Old 08-05-08, 02:30 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down Christian wiped out...

So we went for a walk, the kids rode there bikes down to the neighbors yesterday and the road commission put down some rock over tar (resurfasing the road i guess) and Christian tried to turn around and head back towards DH and I, and he wiped out BAD. He skined his knee and elbo pretty bad. by the time we got to the neighbors (maybe a couple hundered feet) he had blood down his leg and all over his foot. he was crying but not to bad til he looked down and saw the blood. then he lost it and was sobbing. but is doing much better today.

So how do your kids react to seeing blood on them self?

Old 08-05-08, 03:47 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sarah is just okay with the sight of blood on herself (is fine with it on others)
but Andrew has been a disaster with blood on himself (and believe me, he gets bloody a LOT! )
he's getting better about it - - after I explained that he can't die from a little bloody scrape because there wasn't enough blood leaving his body to kill him

Old 08-05-08, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My kids both tend to freak out- not so much about the blood, but the "trauma" of the injury- they're both so dramatic- even the smallest injuries with no blood get the same treatment as the bloody variety.

Old 08-06-08, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hannah freaks at first, then goes for paper towels or tissues and then the band-aids.

Old 08-08-08, 03:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope he's healing up good. I remember how much falling off/wrecking bikes were growing up. That hurts so darn bad!! Did he hop back on with no problems??
Kaitlyn gets bumps a lot and cries for those. She always hits hard for some reason when she falls. Julia is okay unless she sees blood. She automatically looses it until she gets cleaned up. After that she's usually fine.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools