Baby Corner

Old 07-25-08, 12:07 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Crazy week

School started for on Monday. Hannah's teacher and I went to high school together. She loved the first day, she has 2 kids from her class last year this year.

Tuesday she woke up at 1 am throwing up, then at 7 I took her temp and she had a temp of 101 so we missed Tuesday and headed to the doctors. Her temp was 98.7 and she had tummy pains, but was fine by dinner time.

Wednesday we braced for the rains from Hurricane Dolly. Hannah's school did a bad weather drill. The area we were in was under a tornado watch. The rain and wind were crazy, it would be pouring for about 5 minutes then the sun would be shining the next.

Today as I was getting breakfast ready the school district called to say there would be no school because of the weather, Hannah loved that idea and headed back to bed. 2 hours after the call the rain stopped and the sun came out, so we got a nice free day.

Hopefully Friday will be calm and we wont have any more hurricanes this season.

Hope everyone elses week is better.

Old 07-25-08, 12:26 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

wow! What a crazy week!

I'm glad that everyone has managed to stay safe in the weather down there. And it's nice that you know the teacher already. (and even better if you like her )

I'm glad that Hannah's all better too. Bummer of a time to get sick with the tummy bug

Old 07-25-08, 03:55 AM
Mommy to One

Thanked 16 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow you can say that again I hope next week is alot carmer. I was thinking about you while watching hurricane Dolly. I am glad you weathered out the storm. Knock on wood over here in Fla all is calm.
I am glad Hannah is feeling better and liking school.

Old 07-25-08, 09:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow! A lot of firsts this week: first day of school, first flu of the school season, & first hurricane!!! I can see why you were so crazy!! I'm glad to hear Hannah had a good first day. I'm so dreading school starting here.

Old 07-25-08, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow- quite the first week!

Glad Dolly didn't mess too badly with your area of TX. We got rain off and on for 2 days- it was actually worse yesteday than Wednesday.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools