Baby Corner

Old 07-31-08, 02:25 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Talking day camps

So Sarah went to 2 day camps already.
both were girl scout day camps for one week long each.

the first one, I was her unit leader. She did pretty good except the toilets were very stinky outhouses and she had problems going in them (mostly because she was petrified of the spiders and flys more than anything else) but we had a week to work out those issues. Yes, she pooped her pants and peed her pants several times there.

the second camp, (was at the same location but run by different people), I was heading up Andrew's boys unit, so Sarah was on her own for the most part. I was glad that both of the kids had an opportunity to be at camp without me being in their unit. its a different experience, after all...
the second week, she'd gotten over most of her issues with the bathroom and we only had one accident.

now, the week of the 11th (so like in 11 days), she's going to another day camp. This one is run by a non-denominational church camp and it was actually a very cheap/reasonable cost for the camp! (100 for the week). THey even offer a shuttle bus for $40 so I don't have to drive to go pick her up and drop her off. (which saves me time and $ because the stop is just a couple blocks away)
I'm very excited about this camp. They have horses at this camp and Sarah will get to ride horses at least 2 times during the week!
I told Sarah about that and she's super duper excited. I just hope she doesn't pull an "I'm scared" number on them when its time to climb up on those horses.
they also will have flush toilets so I know that the toilets will be less of an issue. (but will definately pack spare pants)
and the whole bus riding experience will be new and fun for her too because she doesn't get to ride the bus to school (we're walkers).

I think I might be more excited than her!

Old 07-31-08, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

She's going to have so much fun!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Old 08-01-08, 04:55 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 941.33%

Sounds like fun!

If Sarah pulls an "I'm afraid" over the horses she won't be the only one! We've owned horses for 5 yrs & I don't think my 7yo has been on 10 times.

Old 08-01-08, 09:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

She's getting some great experiences this summer!!

Julia did GS Day Camp & Vacation Bible School. Other than that dance 2x's a week & swimming 4-5 days a week.

Old 08-01-08, 10:04 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

oh, yeah. I forgot they had vacation bible school (one week for a 1/2 day in the mornings) at the end of June at the start of our summer vacation
it was so short and sweet (but the kids loved it) and it was great for me because I was able to prepare for our vacation camping trip the following week
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools