Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Tweens Garmin or other navigational device

Garmin or other navigational device

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-05-08, 07:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Garmin or other navigational device

I am thinking of getting one. Any recommendations?

Old 05-06-08, 08:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey stranger!!!!! What's new over there???
My parents have a TomTom. I have no clue if that is how you spell it or not but I've heard them call it something like that. They like it but our area had to change a whole bunch of addresses for 911 reasons and they were late handing in the changes and the new addresses are not in the system including my parents. That's what bugs them but it's not the navigational device's fault.
Good luck!

Old 05-06-08, 09:01 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I was discussing this very topic with my BIL the other day.. he's got one now and it loses signal at very inopportune moments.. so he's done alot of research on getting a new one.. apparently the Magellan has the best rating and is the only one that doesn't have "lost signal" as a complaint..

so there's my 2 cents.

Old 05-06-08, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We have a NAVIGON. We like it, let a few family members borrow it and they both loved it too. We havent had any problems with it.

I know that TomTom and the Magellan models are good.

Old 05-06-08, 10:03 AM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

We have the iway or something like that. It was given to us free... so I'm not sure on updating it or anything.

Sometimes it tells us to go the LONG way instead of the short way.... ie. it had us go around a town instead of through it and even then it was telling us to turn around and go it's way instead of reconfiguring it... don't know why though.

Last edited by NicholeMatthew; 05-06-08 at 10:06 AM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools