Baby Corner

Old 08-26-08, 01:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Talking Julia's First Day

I'm late with this I know but after school yesterday we had soccer and then I ran to a GS Leader meeting. Let the activites begin I guess!

Well, it's been a year but we finally have our community school reopened!!! I must say we are so excited and we can walk to school now and it's just PERFECT!!!
Julia had a great first day. The night before we read the school menu for the week to her and she decided to take her lunch this week as she is so picky and she wouldn't eat anything on there! Well, we walk to school, she goes in and I'm outside talking to friends for about 10 minutes when she runs out bawling with a teacher hot on her trail. I'm looking for blood or something and when I ask her what's wrong ... she forgot her lunch at home and didn't want to get stuck eating hamburgers or ham and cheese sandwhiches (she doesn't eat meat)!! I told her we'd bring it up later and problem was solved. I got to meet her teacher again he is the first guy teacher she has had and let me just tell you he is C-U-T-E!!! My neighbor walked her son down with me so he could check him out, too!!
First day was great ... the teacher has a great sense of humor and had them laughing most of the day. Julia loved the Olympic themed classroom he had set up and talked all about her day. This never really happened with Kindergarten so I hope it continues!
Now this morning she came downstairs crying again and I asked her what was wrong and she said "I missed school, I slept in" ... it was 7:15 and school starts at 9:00. Not even close to missing school but she thought she did because one of the buses for the Middle/High School drove by.
This morning a teacher who is in charge of the "walkers" told us we all must stay in our cars when we drop off our children. She couldn't believe that we all (over 40 kids) walked to school each day. She thought we were nuts when we said we couldn't. The way they have us set up now to drop off in the morning has us walking through bus lines to get to the other side of the school which is a pain in the butt and I'm sure they don't want parents wondering around the kids getting off the bus either.
We have a night off tonight and I cannot wait to enjoy that!! Hope everyone else had a great first day!!

Old 08-26-08, 03:03 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

glad she had a good first few days, bummer about her lunch but mommy saved the day. Glad you were able to get the local school back open, I remember you fighting for that before.

Old 08-26-08, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Glad the first day of school was a good one and that Mommy saved the day with lunch.

Old 08-27-08, 03:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

How about she left her lunch box in her room and had to run back and get it! She's luck she didn't miss the bus!! I see lunch is going to be an issue all around this year!! Any suggestions??

Old 08-28-08, 12:21 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

sounds like a great first day!

Our neighborhood started a 'walking schoolbus' system run by several parents who rotate weeks picking up and dropping off. It's VERY effective and well received. Best yet, instead of 30 parents coming to the school, just 2 show up at a special spot to drop off and pick up and its much easier to monitor at the school.

I think the whole lunch box thing is going to just take time to routinize. Sarah forgot hers the first couple times the first couple weeks, but after that, she really didn't forget.
The best reminder was the teacher telling ALL the cold lunch kids to get their lunches out and put them in the backpack at the end of the day when the kids were loading their gear up to go home.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools