Baby Corner

Old 08-01-06, 04:19 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Default Jury Duty

Ya know I have been looking forward to Jury Duty since I was old enough to vote, I know, but this is the FIRST time I've ever been called, and you know what days.... August 28 & 29 KEVIN"S FIRST DAY OF KINDY IS THE 29th Hopefully I won't have to go... They say call the night before and they let you know if you have to go down or not.

Old 08-01-06, 04:41 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I swear it's always at the absolute worst times!

I was called several times when I was in Calif.
once it was during the holiday season - I kept that one hoping that nobody wanted to start some big case to carry thru the holidays - I got lucky and served my week without having to go in.

once, it was for 2 weeks after I had just gone back to work from my 2 months of maternity leave. And my boss was pretty unhappy about that considering how they really limped thru the 3 months I was gone already. And, of course, I was flat out broke from having such a little income etc for all that time.
I did have to go in - they were choosing for some big huge high profile case, and I had to fill out this big fat questionaire. I got dismissed from the pool after having answered the questions appropriately (abhoring rapists and absolutely for the death penalty type stuff ) and then telling them that it was a big hardship for me and my company as I had just finished taking 3 months maternity leave off. My boss was happy I only had to waste 2 days in that process.

Old 08-01-06, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We are allowed an exemption for a few reasons- one being that you are the main childcare provider for your kids- I'd bet you could get an out on this option- after all you *need* to be with your son for his first day of school!

Call the court and ask if you can reschedule- they let Stephen reschedule once on the condition that he came in the next time he got pulled. I've never been called yet and he's been called 3 times.

Latest Articles
Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

Pregnancy Loss: Don’t Suffer in Silence
Coping with a pregnancy loss is just as devastating as losing a loved one.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools