Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink Last day of school

for Sarah is tomorrow.

The stupidest thing, though....
(is stupidest a word? )

they send the kids to school for a mere 2 hours and then it's over and they send the kids right back home.
Seems really pointless and a major waste of resources.

but anyway. It would feel a little more like summer if the weather were a little better. We've had the WORST weather for what seems like an entire year!

I just finished listening to the weather guy tell us about how we are in our 17th consecutive day of unseasonably low temperatures.

Next week is VBS, and then we take off immediately for our week-long vacation camping on our way down to California.
that the weather improves and we don't have a wet camping experience. Cool temps isn't exactly what i'd hope for, but I'd be happy as long as we don't get rained on.

Oh, and Thursday is Sarah's Urologist appt.

Old 06-18-08, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Happy last day of school!

We had a silly last day like that- they had to be at school at 8am, then were out at 10:45. We get it- it's the minimum number of hours needed to get state/federal funding for the kids to be "present" that day.

Hope the weather improves- we've been scorching here- I'm wishing for some milder weather, but that won't happen until about October.

Old 06-18-08, 01:27 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Happy Last day, I agree that is a waste of gas Our school dosn't do half days at all. that the Urioligist figures something out. And that the weather gets better,

Old 06-18-08, 09:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Our schools do last day like that unless you have 1/2 day Kindergarten. I had to take Julia in to pick up her report card and she didn't get to see the year end awards or anything that the school gives out. She didn't know that but still, it stinks.
We were having really great weather until this week and it's been cold for summer 68-70 degrees and rain off an on. We have GS Daycamp this week as well so it's a lot better than last year when we had a very very hot week so that's good but I hope 80 degrees come back soon!!!
Have fun on vacation and I can't wait to hear an update on Sarah's dr. appointment!! GOOD LUCK!!

Old 06-19-08, 01:50 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Our last day is sort of a big party. They have awards in the morning, then just clean out cubbies & do things like swimming & art for the rest of the day. There is a luau party in the afternoon. They stay open normal hours, but its a private school with aftercare so they have to.

Its hot hot hot here! Its supposed to be 103 today!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools