Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Tweens Lurker looking for advice/input re: homework/teacher issue...

Lurker looking for advice/input re: homework/teacher issue...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-04-07, 03:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

One thing I can say when "talking" to a teacher it's always better to talk to them in person/over the phone versus email/notes. You can read the real person there instead of trying to figure out what they really meant.
Also, is this an "experienced" teacher or a new one? That makes a difference, too. We laugh here because an older teacher is more of a worksheet teacher and a newer one is more hands on ...
I would also talk to parents who have a child in 2nd grade. What is their homework load? If 2nd graders are doing less than her 1st grade class, that to me is a problem.

Old 10-04-07, 04:22 PM
Jonathan & McKenzie's Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you, Everyone - Sincerely. Having a venting place has helped me see the whole picture & also make sure that I don't jump in irrationally. Though I can be hot-headed and stubborn, I actually am a very reasonable person. It just takes me a bit of time, research and gathering of *all* the info before I make a full decision. I have cooled down... My decision is to let it go, keep things at home as I feel is best. Homework does come first, I'm just not allowing it to take over.
On a happy note - Jonathan got another note home today - this time telling me how hard he worked today.

So, again, Thanks, everyone, for all of the opionions. I appreciate the thoughtful exchange.

Old 10-05-07, 02:08 PM
Mommy to One

Thanked 16 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I got to this post a little too late. I am glad that you have come to an agreement over the homework issue. I hope it works out for everyone.

Old 10-05-07, 02:18 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope you can find that happy medium for you and Jonathan.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools