Baby Corner

Old 08-21-08, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile Met Jacob's Teacher

Today was meet the teacher at Jacob's school.

His teacher is very nice. She's in her mid-40's has 3 boys herself, and has been teaching for years. We only had a few minutes to touch base with her- she hadn't had a chance to go over Jacob's IEP (individual education plan), but she promised to look it over and check with his teacher from last year on any questions she had. He's got a couple kids from his class last year and a even a couple that he had in his kindy class.

Oh- and then we had to do the tour of teachers. We had to go back and hug all his old teachers. He's almost as tall as his first grade teacher- I swear, she's only got 3-4 inches on him. Then, the student teacher that was in his class last year got picked up, so we had to go visit her and of course, his kindy teacher. All that took longer than meeting his teacher for this year.

So tomorrow is his last official day of summer vacation- not sure what we're doing- if it's up to him it will be a day of video games.

Old 08-22-08, 12:03 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

fun!
Sarah hasn't been too terribly interested in seeing all her old teachers. She does see them pretty regularly it seems anyway, so that may have something to do with it.

that he has kids he knows in his class! That's a relief I'm sure. This year, Sarah is being split up from her 'best friend' which is our neighbor across the street, and I don't know how she'll do without him there to keep her keel even.
Thank you skyqueen!
Mellie (08-22-08)

Old 08-22-08, 06:01 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad things look to be in good order, I can't belive summer is coming to an end, it all seems sereal to me right now because our school still dosn't have thing in order because we got a new superintendent as of Aug 1st and she has to get the schedule and class arangments in order, it is driving me crazy, sorry to high jack your post. I hope jacob has a nice last day of summer
Thank you MImom23!
Mellie (08-22-08)

Old 08-22-08, 08:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That's great you got to meet her and get him in the school again before the year started. I think those things are great for the kids no matter what grade they are going into.
This is our last day of summer, too. I'm so sad ... I need to get my butt off the computer and enjoy it!!
Thank you Jillian!
Mellie (08-22-08)

Old 08-22-08, 10:07 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Great news on the new teacher and the class. How fun for him!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools