Baby Corner

Old 05-12-08, 03:38 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Unhappy My Goodbye...

Apparently Iím being booted as CL. I want to thank everyone for being such great friends and if you want to stay in touch you can reach me at greatestkids3@yahoo.com or my myspace http://www.myspace.com/nicholepurcel or find me on facebook Nichole Purcel.

It saddens me deeply, but I have to leave the boards all together, but I canít extend my energy and efforts to a place where no matter how hard you try you are not appreciated (hey I do that enough at home!). Iíve stepped up at TBC whenever I am needed or I see the opportunity to help out with boards that need helping (hey why else would I mod due date boards when Iím not pregnant and until they had a mod usually into the 3rd month!) I kept through the boards through thick and thin, but I can not take it anymore. To do all that work and be just a Community Member when I am way more involved then that is demeaning to meÖ.

Liz offered to keep me as mod if I cut back to 1 board, but that one board has 3 mods. Like they NEED me there. The 02 board doesnít have ANY mods, and I wonít limit myself to ONE board when Iím needed at ALL the boardsÖ I canít choose to give any up, so Iím walking away from everything.

Iíll check up on you guys, because Iíve had THREE children with you. You guys know when I was pregnant with all of them (aside Kev) Iíve gone through food allergy testing and everything. Iím sorry I let you down.

This is the last time that I cry over TBC. I hope that you all contact me as I love you to piecesÖ so PLEASE keep in touch.

Thank you to those who have been here when I needed you, Iím glad I canít count on you and PLEASE keep us with me on those posts. Go to your TL if you donít agreeÖ and maybe Liz will do something but probably not. I may test the waters at another board, and those who have been around long enough will know what Iím talking about even though Iíve never posted over there. Iíve been with you guys since Kevin was a babyÖ and I canít stop crying now, but Iím not going to be somewhere where Iím not appreciatedÖ all over 10 posts on 5 boardsÖ (only 30 of which I didnít complete!)

Old 05-12-08, 04:42 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Its not just the mods who make up this place, and if you don't feel appreciated by the mods - you are apreciated by the rest of us. I may not always agree with you, but I like having somebody with other opinions to "talk" to. Please reconsider & stay as a mom. You don't have to be a moderator.

Old 05-12-08, 04:44 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%

I just find it hard to stay where a VOLUNTEER to the site gets treated like this. It hurts so bad. I don't want to go, but how do I support something I don't agree with?

THANK YOU for your kind words...

Old 05-12-08, 05:43 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Don't volunteer any more. If they don't want you as a CL, say F-U & walk away from that part of TBC. How many mods are here? How many others are here that you have become friends with over the years? They are the ones that matter.

I left 2 yrs ago, over basically the same thing. I wasn't a moderator but 2 other ladies who used to be with me on the Dec 1998 board were. One of them got "fired" for something similar as you. We floated around a few places and now hardly talk. We had been together and since 1998. I miss them and I wish we hadn't decided to move.

Old 05-12-08, 08:04 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%

You are not unappreciated. IMO you are overreacting. I am currently in my last week of student teaching and I can tell you that raising a family and student teaching is hell. I truly believe that cutting back to one board until you have more free time would have been a great compromise for you. I cannot understand why you are making this into such a huge ordeal. No one asked you to quit, no one asked you to leave. You are putting your own spin on what has been asked of you because you are obviously misinterpreting the purpose of having CL's step down or cut back while they do not have the free time to commit. And you are NOT the only CL who has modded pregnancy boards while not pregnant. I did it for almost a year last year myself. I would appreciate it if you would reconsider your attitude and your spewing of negativity all over the board. You are greatly appreciated and cared about at TBC and I am sorry if you have felt differently. Step back and take a fresh look at the situation as a whole before you make any more nasty posts calling out other CL's and Admin. It is not emotionally healthy for any of us and I hate hate hate editing posts because they get out of control and become personal attacks.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools