Baby Corner

Old 04-10-12, 03:51 PM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 29420%
Default No coats when it's cold/chilly??

When I was younger we all wore coats, dressed appropriately for the weather, etc. So why is it that more and more Teens refuse to dress appropriately? It's always a fight to get my girls to wear a coat, appropriate shoes when it's cold out. It's now Spring, so it's a little warmer, but it's not that warm, upper 40's lower 50's here.

Here's the answers I've gotten

1. I don't like my coat. So I buy them a new one that they "have to have" and it's still a fight.

2. It keeps jamming my locker.

3. No one else wears coats.

My girls always end up leaving with a coat, and appropriate dress. It's a fight every day, but it gets done.

During winter, the boy down the street would wear shorts, t-shirt and sneakers. NO COAT! How can his Mother just let him leave like that???

Anyone else seeing this trend? Is this a statement? a fashion trend? What is it?

Old 04-10-12, 09:16 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Mine are a lot younger, but my youngest fights w/ me constantly. Shes ALWAYS hot. Drives me nuts.

Old 04-11-12, 08:08 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 29420%

Yeah, that's another reason Cassi gives me. Says she's always hot.

Old 04-11-12, 08:19 AM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%

Once mine became teens I told them to make their own decision and suffer their own consequence for stupidity. It only took a couple of days of freezing heir little tushies off for them to wise up. Logical consequence is very effective in these matters. lol

Old 04-11-12, 09:35 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Vanity? Thinking boys are not paying attention to them if they can't see what little "womanly" curves they (think they) have? This is coming from a former completely boy-crazy tween/teen, lol.

Sometimes my 3.5 yr old says she doesn't need one. I usually grab it anyways b/c if I don't she ends up in the car shivering, asking for it. And we keep a blanket in the car to cover her legs b/c most mornings (in spring) it is a little chilly but it will be hot by the afternoon so I dress her that weather instead.

Other than that....it only REALLY gets cold for a week or so a year around here and we all hate it so I am pretty sure we wore coats, sweatshirts, or hoodies, so I'm no help. In fact, I have a weakness for cute jackets and coats even though I rarely wear them.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-12-12 at 02:00 PM.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools