Baby Corner

Old 04-29-08, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Reading

Do you do all the reading to them or do you all share the reading?

There are certain books that Hannah likes that I'll read to her. Lately she has been reading to us at bedtime and family time. She struggles with a few words here and there and will ask for help.

I enjoy when she reads to us, she does different voice the way we do when we read to her and she makes sure to take time to let us see all the pictures and she points out how it goes with what she just read.

Old 04-29-08, 11:42 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Christian has been challanged by the popst office to read 100 book by a certian date (I can't remember it right now) so he has been bringing 2 or 4 books home a night and Kaylee really enjoys having him read to her, as do we, but he is very proud to read to his little sister. He just finished list 5 which means he has read 50 book and is so proud that he is half way there.

Old 04-29-08, 01:14 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Depends on the book and time.

At bed time Kev reads to Aiden (unless they ask me) sometimes we share read, and sometimes he just reads to himself. I'm trying to get him to work on fluency.. just to improve it. Everyone can improve fluency.

Old 04-29-08, 03:55 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Leanna would rather I read to her, but she has to read to me for homework. If we have time I read to both before bed, but that doesn't happen often enough.

Old 05-03-08, 11:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Julia reads to us but they are very basic beginners books. I was trying to let her learn the art of reading through school and just work on her sight words until this week. Another little girl called her a baby b/c she could read a couple new words they had gotten that day so now she has to read 1 book that has over 20 pages to me. Still beginner level just not a quick book. She's reading Dr. Suess & Sound Box books right now.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools