Old 05-21-08, 10:20 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Lightbulb the results are in

and...

there aren't too many answers just yet.

they did rule out one thing: She has no reflux down there.

they did see that she has pretty badly impacted intestines/bowels. And that isn't a surprise.... she has issues with that too.

No easy answers just yet.

We're going to work on getting her unimpacted. Some medicine that works well that recently became OTC that she'll have to take 2x a day for a week then 1x a day to keep her loose.
She has to increase her water intake a bunch.
continue to eat a meal that helps with the bowels.. you know...

and we've got a prescription for a new medication to replace the Detrol she's currently taking that should work better on her symptoms. (so says the Dr).

We'll see him again in a month and if after all that time of working on cleaning out the bowels and the change in medication.... and she's still having issues....
then we'll start with the MRI and those sorts of tests looking for a tethered chord or something like that.

Soo--- I do feel happy that the Dr at least is working on actually getting to the bottom of things and not quitting or stopping short of success.
so, lets see what the next month brings.

Old 05-21-08, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so happy you have a starting point and someone who is taking your concerns seriously and is able to help you move forward.

Here's hoping the new medicine to clear the tummy helps out and solves the problem.

Old 05-22-08, 11:00 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

for no reflux!!! I will that the next month there are changes and answers.

Old 05-22-08, 02:02 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

I did not know a person could have refux on the opposite end of the gastro system.

Perhaps her impacted bowels are putting pressure on her bladder & uninary system and causing some of her problems.

I'm glad you feel confident with this doctor!

Old 05-25-08, 10:15 AM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds like a great start & doctor!! How is everything going?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools