Baby Corner

Old 08-01-06, 03:18 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Default Schedule

Do you guys have a schedule or play it by ear?

I usually let the kids sleep in as late as they want, but with school starting, and my classes start at 9 (m-R) I'm gonna have to get them up by 7, fed, dressed, and to day care. Yet I don't know if Kev will have am/pm kindy yet. I really wish they would let us know!

Old 08-01-06, 03:36 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

definately a schedule!
Without it, my kids are horrid!

They get up when they're ready -- which is usually between 7 and 7:30, and DH gets up with them and gets them their breakfast while I jump in the shower. (and he's already up getting himself ready for work at the same time)
Sarah has had preschool in the mornings all year so it will be no real change in the schedule as far as getting up and getting ready to go out first thing in the morning.
All summer, I've had both the kids in a summer school - like a regular preschool but with a little less learning and a little more playing (as if that's possible ) so 3x a week they've kept the same early to school schedule.
Lunch is at noon (or as soon as we get home from preschool) and then we have naps immediately after lunch. (Sarah has quiet time) until 3pm Dinner is at 6pm and bed is at 7:30 or 8pm (unless it's soccer day, then we go to bed right after we get home)

One of the lucky things about Sarah's new school, is that we're in the 'walking zone' which means we get to decide if we want AM or PM kindergarten. I'm choosing the AM simply becuase Sarah does alot better at concentrating in the morning and it would mess up the nap/quiet time schedule if it were in the afternoon.

My problem is Andrew is going to be going to preschool now 2x a week starting in Sept and the start and stop times for that are the same as Sarah's kindergarten....
they're no where near each other and I have to pick up Sarah and walk home with her (one of the bummers of being in the walk zone no bus )

Old 08-01-06, 03:51 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

We have somewhat of a schedule, I mean the kids go to bed between 8-9 (unless dad is in charge, then they stay up until he feels like putting them to bed ) and they get up between 8-8:30 am. That is just not going to be enough time to get stuff done... and for me to be to school at 9... which is 20 minutes from day care (day care is 10 minutes from home, and 5-10 minutes to get them settled at day care)

IF Kevin gets PM dh is home til 2, and Kev would be picked up around noon, so no biggie there. (except I worry that they will be rushing to the bus every day, as I said dh is not a schedule person!) That isn't too bad, but if he gets AM school starts at 9:35 I beleive, which means the bus will be here around 9? Dh can still get him off to the bus, if I have to go. I'm taking the first day off, as long as I don't have to go to Jury Duty.

ANYHOW the problem is Ash. She sleeps til 8:30 every morning. Well ok from 6-7:30 she fusses, tired, but can't sleep, wants to nurse... which I have a feeling she will grow out of as Aiden did. We get home at 5:30-6, I make dinner (she cries to nurse 50% of the time cause she is hungry), we eat, bathe, movie for the boys (I rest cause I feel dizzy/sick) and then story and bed which falls between 8-9. Ash is normally asleep within 15 mins of bed time, and I feel I COULD put her to bed earlier, but she wants me to lay with her. So I keep her up til I'm done with the boys. (OH dh is working from 2 pm-12 am so I'm on my own)

I'm thinking I have to get her to bed by 7:30 pm- and the boys to bed by 8. Let the boys watch tv or read to themselves between 7:30-8 and then read to them. That way she will wake up closer to 7? Ah, dilemas.

Old 08-01-06, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

We are schedule people here. My neighbors are amazed that my kids are in bed by 8pm at night even during the summer (umm, who's the parent?! But that's a different thread! ). They get up right around 7, sometimes a little earlier, everyonce in a while, a little later. We do lunch at noon, Abby naps in the afternoons, dinner is somewhere between 5:30 and 6:15, then play time outside (it's too hot during the day to play outside) then bath and bed at 8pm. School will change things a bit- his school starts at 8am and goes until 3pm ( a long day, I know! ). Abby's preschool will likely be 2 days a week from 9 to noon or 2pm (not sure which school we'll be going to yet). As of now, Jacob will be riding the bus (special ed which picks up and drops off at our door- the regular bus drops off at the corner) so we'll be okay for that.

Old 08-01-06, 05:01 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

mel - I have neighbors across the street with a child a little younger than Andrew I think - just barely 3 years old -- and they are amazed that my kids go to bed at 7:30. They say that their little one insists on not going to bed until everyone else is in bed! And I totally shake my head too because ... "who's the parent??!!?!?"
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools