Baby Corner

Old 05-01-08, 02:52 PM
Mom of 3

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Tooth drama!

Poor Wyatt! He's be wanting to have a tooth come out for months, but now instead of his tooth coming out, his new tooth is just coming in behind it.

Last weekend he turned to John and says, "Dad it feels like there's a tooth behind my other teeth". So John looks in his mouth, and sure enough, his front adult tooth is all the way through the gum, to the point that you can see the beginnings of the sides of the tooth. I checked his baby teeth, and they are barely, if not at all, wiggly.

So, I called the dentist to see if he needed to take a look, and his office just kind of blew me off telling me that its normal for that to happen. I told the receptionist that I wouldn't be concerned if his baby tooth was loose & almost ready to come out, but its not wanting to budge one bit. So she finally agreed to make an appt for May 8th if the baby tooth hasn't come out by then.

Wyatt, on the hand, thinks that this is cool. He's been going around showing everyone his "shark tooth".
And, Paige got her very first baby tooth in Monday--and its the same tooth that Wyatt got. He just thinks that so special that he and Paige got new teeth together! He told me its just like in Junie B. Jones, when the tooth fairy takes her baby tooth and gives it to her baby brother. And I said up, it sure is, except the tooth fairy gave you your new tooth and forgot to take the baby tooth with her!

Looks like the tooth fairy has been super busy with all our kiddos lately!

Old 05-01-08, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad he's not upset about it!

Jacob's teeth are still hanging on- he doesn't want to wiggle them and help them along, so all 4 are still loose, but still in there.

Old 05-01-08, 04:19 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

What's with the kdis not wiggling their teeth? Kev does that too..

Yeah, Kev's big tooth was in before his little one fell out.. took a while to fall out too!

Old 05-01-08, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Nothing wrong- if they wiggle it, it can loosen a bit more and come out faster. (at least that's what I remember my parents telling me when I was a little girl. )

Old 05-01-08, 06:09 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sarah's 2 bottom teeth came up behind her baby teeth.
they did get wiggly on their own eventually, but Sarah didn't help out the wiggles hardly at all until they were good and wiggly on their own,,then she became obcessed and her hands were in her mouth constantly
can't win with her. can't win.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools