Baby Corner

Old 05-13-08, 04:19 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Cool An update/brag on Christian

Well last month I got a letter from Christian's teacher that said he was having issues getting his work done, and they were taking his play time away and then he would get his work done while the other kids were out at recess or in the libarary ect. OK red flag (DH and I are both A.D.D) so I checked with the Dr and they had me call the "special ed " people, the ones that test to determine if a child is in need of special ecucation. well they agree to do some tests with him. well the guy called me back yestereday and Christian is within the scale for his grade level and way above. some of the tests he scored it he 99 %tile we knew he was smart kid but did not expect this. so now I am going to see if we should have his small motor stuff checked out. As per my post a month or so back about him having problems buckleing and un buckleing his seat belt, tieing his shoes ect.
So how are all our other little ones doing as this school year comes to a close?

Old 05-13-08, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is great! I wonder if he'd do better in a G/T program where he's more challenged?

I'd ask if you can get the fine motor stuff looked at- Jacob has a fine motor delay (his writing is HORRID ) and he gets OT to help him with it at school. We're slowly starting to see an improvement.

Old 05-13-08, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Way to go Christian

As of this past week Hannah is spot on for her grade level. We'll know the numbers in about 2 weeks.

Old 05-13-08, 05:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

WTG Christian!!!
Maybe he's just bored then?? I hope they check his fine motor skills for you, too. Sometimes the "system" is a pain in the butt to deal with. I hope they work with you guys.

Old 05-13-08, 05:20 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Mel we are in a very small district and there really isn't a G/T program.
He has a recheck for his ear tommorrow with his DR so I am going to ask about the moror skills, I too am thinking he is board and thinking o well I'll do it when I want to. YKWIM??
So far our school district has been a PITA I didn't even tell them the ESD testers were coming, they just showed up that is why I went above there head so to speak when dealing with this.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools