Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Tweens update on Sarah's potty issues

update on Sarah's potty issues

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-03-08, 08:48 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Arrow update on Sarah's potty issues

so, after getting the directions from the pediatric urologist to 'unclog' her bowels and all that jazz... I've been working hard at following the regiment.

Sarah is now almost to week 2 of the bowel adjustment.
the first couple days, she had bowel movements, but they were 'solid'. then for the next 7 days she's had very soft peanut buttery BMs and she has been missing the toilet about once a day. (sometimes more) and instead, she goes a big ol' mess in her underpants.
It's been rather frustrating to say the least.
Her pee pee issues don't seem to have changed at all, though.
She seems to still have the immediate urge and an almost accident chronically despite being obviously 'unblocked' via the poop canal.

so we'll be seeing the urologist again in just over 2 weeks and she'll have another x-ray done at that time.

I'm feeling more and more confident that her issues are beyond the bowels being full and that perhaps those issues are also related to the Pee issues. (she has never known when she has had to go poop either really which hasn't been a problem considering it was difficult and infrequent for her up until now)

At this rate, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that she has a bit of a tethered chord.

Old 06-03-08, 09:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope that you guys work everything out. Poor Sarah. At least you have the summer now to hopefully get it all figured out. I don't know what a tethered cord is. Is it a major complication?? Sounds like you've been doing some research on everything and I hope the doctor works with you and your suggestions.

Old 06-04-08, 01:41 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

a Tethered chord is part of the spinal chord is 'tethered' in the spinal column which prevents the signal from moving up and down the chord.

Most people who have this usually walk clumsily or on their tip-toes or have other physical problems aside from the wetting problems (which are usually prevaliant in the abnormality).
Since Sarah doesn't seem to have the physical problems walking etc , the Drs don't jump on that diagnosis.

Old 06-04-08, 07:09 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope it all works out soon.... what a roller coaster for you all!

Old 06-04-08, 01:06 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

How frustrating. I hope the next appt gives you answers.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools