Baby Corner

Old 04-13-08, 04:44 PM
is catching up
2004 Co-Mod and good egg!

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%

Well I kinda did an update in my Hello post, but I will give you a little bit more on Oliver, he now goes to Beavers and swimming which he is enjoying, apart from that he plays on the Wii, seriously, I have to control that a LOT, or else he would do it constantly.
lol, that was much of an update was it!

Old 04-13-08, 05:37 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Connor is doing well-- he was in kindy this year bc of the Sept bday-- but he's loving it-- did very well!

He's playing baseball- and Joe is coaching- they are having fun. Brennan started soccer this past weekend and he's excited about having a sport now too of course that means Lyla and i are spending lots of tume at the baseball and soccer fields luckily she is just an angel baby and goes with the flow!

Old 04-13-08, 07:35 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

awesome everyone!

Sarah is doing alright in school. some small improvements, but she's catching up socially more than anything else right now. (which is equally important I think)
She graduated from the reading recovery program and this is her greatest achievement. She's now taking the whole reading thing and running with it... finally.
We've switched her ADHD medication a month and a 1/2 ago and she's doing so much better on that. She's back to sleeping well. (she was laying awake in bed for hours - literally - before being able to fall asleep ) and is eating again. (it was a struggle to get her to eat ANY thing - again ... literally.
so things are looking WAY up in that regard.
We're still working on the potty problems. I posted that update in a different post.

She's loving girl scouts. our troop has been very active and all the girls are just awesome. I will say that I am ready for it to just be summer and a time that I can just chill out with the kids without having to think of weekly meeting projects etc. That gets tiresome.

Andrew is doing okay - hes still way far behind in his small motor skills. But we're forcing him to hold a pencil more and more often so he's at least getting some practice which is better than what he's been doing. I'm hoping that he makes some major breakthru over the summer so he's not starting kindergarten behind the curve. Actually, I think Andrew is getting close to needing ADHD medication as well. He may be very smart (which I KNOW he is... ) but his inability to sit still and be quiet isn't going to work in school come fall. I just know it. So we're just buying time right now. His issues are different than Sarah's, though...

Andrew just got his training wheels off his bike - he's now riding great on his bike.
DH just got a big raise and a nice fat bonus. We were pretty surprised about that, actually. We're crossing our fingers that this recession that is just starting to rear it's ugly head won't affect us much if at all. I hope it doesn't touch any of you either, of course.

I'm just plugging along - I was taking the watercolor classes for a little here and there - when I find time, I paint. ...
or write my book (on camping with children) which is almost done. I have a couple of Christmas pageants I'm starting to sent out to get published.
and I'm doing the Girl Scout leader thing.
I'm teaching "Art Discovery" each month in Sarah's class. Tuesday is the next lesson - the unit is called "pop art - Andy Warhol" so I've been busy thinking of an art project and trying to cram all that subject info into my pea-sized brain.
then, I'm on the PTA and am in charge of a big chunk of the carnival that is going to happen in June.
I'm helping out with the 'fun day' for Andrew's preschool which is a mini-carnival at his school for his last day of classes. (it's pretty cool, actually but is a ton of work). that fun day is done completely by parent volunteers. its a ton of planning etc.
I just finished my term on one of the boards at church so I'm happy that I'm dropping that committment. With the addition of the girl scout thing, that's just too much on my plate. But I am still organizing the Woman's Retreat that is next month.
And a few other things here and there that add up to zero time for a SAHM

Hmmmm.. did I leave anything out?

Old 04-13-08, 08:06 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

zero time is right karen tired reading that

Old 04-14-08, 01:41 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1412%

My biggest thing is the school issue, which has resolved itself because I know I don't have much choice now where my girls go, unless its private school which we can no longer afford. I know Leanna will do good wherever they are, but I'm going to have to keep an eye on Rachel & how she is doing.

This is my last year as a girlscout leader. I can't deal with the parents any more. Most are great but then I have two that hate two others & have no problems saying snide comments or being rude to them. I cannot just stand up & tell them to grow up & act like adults because I'm a wuss when it comes to confrontation. I just hope we can get thru this year without any real issues. Besides, the girls are all going to different schools next year so they'd end up in different troops anyway. They asked me to be service unit manager since I won't be as busy without a troop, but then I'd still be dealing with the same sort of issues of catty women not getting along. So I'll put my girls in another troop & help out when I am needed but it will be nice not being responsible for everything anymore.

I finally got rid of a cough I had. I ended up needing antibiotics & got the good cough syrup.

So school is out at the end of June & I havn't decided on child care or keeping them home. Their school won't have it this year so I need to look around. Last year I could buy vouchers & just send them as needed & they each went about 5 times. If they didn't fight so much I'd just keep them home but they pick on each other too much. I've been telling them I'm putting them in full time if they don't quit it.

So thats all in my little corner of life.

Next...

Latest Articles
Baby Led Vs. Mommy Led Weaning
Sometimes babies decide when they would like to be weaned from breastfeeding, while others decide they would like to breastfeed forever and must be weaned by Mommy.

TTC Lingo: A Guide to Trying to Conceive Acronyms
Have you ever wondered what all the trying to conceive acronyms mean? Here are the most common acronyms used in online trying to conceive and fertility communities.

So Breech Babies Have To Be Delivered By Cesarean?
Researchers in one study discuss the dangers of delivering a baby in a breech presentation vaginally vs having a c-section.

Trouble Conceiving? You Might Have a Vitamin D Deficiency
One study is showing a connection between infertility in men and women who undergo IVF unsuccessfully are Vitamin D deficient.

Pregnant Women Should Get Whooping Cough Vaccine Experts Say
A new study has shown that pregnant women who receive the pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine during pregnancy can protect herself and give her baby the antibodies needed for Whooping Cough protection before his/her first vaccination.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools