Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Using spoons and forks

Reply Post New Topic

• HelenWendy HelenWendy's Avatar 10-12-05 | 07:31 AM
  • Does ur lo use spoons and forks all the time now? Oliver can, just WONT, I must say 100 times every meal time, use ur spoon, use ur fork, he just WILL NOT, he has been sitting with us at the table since 6mos old, but still has dreadful table manners, he fidgets, and pokes his food, we always sit at the table, even at my mums and mils, so it's not as tho he isn't used to it.

WHY oh WHY do I have to nag him every meal time to eat nicely?

How is it at ur house?

Love Helen
  • icerayn icerayn's Avatar 10-12-05 | 09:58 AM
  • Hannah has to have both a spoon and fork when she eats, so she can switch between them depending on what she is eating. Ever so often she'll use her fingers but most of the time she uses her fork.

Maybe if you get Oliver a special spoon and fork set(favorite character or color) he'll be more interested in using them.
  • HelenWendy HelenWendy's Avatar 10-12-05 | 10:37 AM
  • Maybe if you get Oliver a special spoon and fork set(favorite character or color) he'll be more interested in using them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, done that too, he has a Tweenies set, and a set that says knife fork and spoon on the respective cutlery!!

Love Helen
  • icerayn icerayn's Avatar 10-12-05 | 11:05 AM
  • Is Oliver into coloring or drawing? Has he figured out his dominant hand yet?

If he hasnt, that may be something that is causing him to not want to use his fork.
  • HelenWendy HelenWendy's Avatar 10-12-05 | 01:04 PM
  • Quote de icerayn
    Is Oliver into coloring or drawing? Has he figured out his dominant hand yet?

If he hasnt, that may be something that is causing him to not want to use his fork.

Hmmmm, yeah, never thought of that.