Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

We have a bus rider!

Reply Post New Topic

• Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-12-05 | 01:44 PM
  • Jacob rode the bus to and from school today and LOVED it! He was so excited when he got home, Abby and I were waiting for him outside and he came off the bus yelling "Mommy! I rode the big yellow bus!" I'm glad he likes it for a couple reasons, number one reason is it will save me $30 a week in gas.

And he really likes school, he calls his school "Mrs. Snowden's (his teacher) School".
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-12-05 | 04:04 PM

• That's awesome!!
    I wish we were far enough away to ride the bus. But our house is too close and instead, we have to walk (or drive) around the corner to the school.
    (when she finally goes to kindergarten that is)

Sarah was petrified of the busses a couple years ago, they were way too loud for her and when we rode a public transit bus at Yosemite back to our car, we had to carry her on kicking and screaming and the whole 9 yards because she was so scared of the dang thing. I think she's over that fear now though )
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-12-05 | 04:23 PM
  • Right now he qualifies b/c it's part of the special eduation services. But all the kids in our neighborhood qualify for bus service, there is a distance rule (not sure what it is) and also if you have to cross a major roadway- our subdivision is divided by what will be a toll road (think major highway).
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-12-05 | 06:29 PM
  • (our house is in the neighborhood behind the elementary and middle school (which are next to each other). Our walk would be about one and a half city blocks .. give or take.. not a biggie in the nice weather, but will probably suck when we get that 34 degree rain that the NW is known for.
  • two forgetful two forgetful's Avatar 10-12-05 | 11:45 PM
  • That is so wonderful that he liked it! I would be afraid that Sara would fall asleep on the bus.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work