Baby Corner

Old 10-12-05, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Talking We have a bus rider!

Jacob rode the bus to and from school today and LOVED it! He was so excited when he got home, Abby and I were waiting for him outside and he came off the bus yelling "Mommy! I rode the big yellow bus!" I'm glad he likes it for a couple reasons, number one reason is it will save me $30 a week in gas.

And he really likes school, he calls his school "Mrs. Snowden's (his teacher) School".

Old 10-12-05, 05:04 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

That's awesome!!
I wish we were far enough away to ride the bus. But our house is too close and instead, we have to walk (or drive) around the corner to the school.
(when she finally goes to kindergarten that is)

Sarah was petrified of the busses a couple years ago, they were way too loud for her and when we rode a public transit bus at Yosemite back to our car, we had to carry her on kicking and screaming and the whole 9 yards because she was so scared of the dang thing. I think she's over that fear now though )

Old 10-12-05, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Right now he qualifies b/c it's part of the special eduation services. But all the kids in our neighborhood qualify for bus service, there is a distance rule (not sure what it is) and also if you have to cross a major roadway- our subdivision is divided by what will be a toll road (think major highway).

Old 10-12-05, 07:29 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

(our house is in the neighborhood behind the elementary and middle school (which are next to each other). Our walk would be about one and a half city blocks .. give or take.. not a biggie in the nice weather, but will probably suck when we get that 34 degree rain that the NW is known for.

Old 10-13-05, 12:45 AM
Community Leader Sherri

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

That is so wonderful that he liked it! I would be afraid that Sara would fall asleep on the bus.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools