Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Tweens We spent mother's day in the ER...

We spent mother's day in the ER...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-12-08, 11:45 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Unhappy We spent mother's day in the ER...

With Christian he woke up and his ear was swollen. I figured he had a bug bite and told him to go play after breakfast, then as we were getting ready to go have a picnic lunch he came and told me it was slimy, sure enough it was secreating fluid from being so swollen. so I called the dr on call and he said take him to the ER so off we went, we waited 2 1/2 hours to be taken back to a room and then we were in the back 2 1/2 hours more. they gave him antibiotics calling it cellulitis, which is an infection of the skin and underlying tissue, so by the time we got out of ther the kids were starving (DH and I were too) so we just had pizza before our hour drive home then we had my mother's day cake the kids helped me make and decorate. and to bed we went. Christian woke up 3 time so I kept him home from school for today too. he just woke up at 10 am So I guess that was a good decision.

Old 05-12-08, 12:03 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 66.12%

Poor baby! I'm glad he got some extra rest today. Hopefully the medication will clear it up soon.

Old 05-12-08, 02:51 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

woah - cellulitis is very dangerous on the face
I'm so glad you brought him in!

it can go from bad to worse in mere hours and people can actually die from it!

Old 05-12-08, 02:54 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Yeah I kinda got the severity of it from the DR on call when he said we should head right to the ER I think that is what was making me the madest sitting there watching them take other people in front of him to the point I asked if the would get the on call DR that told us to come in and they told me no they don't usually do that.

Old 05-12-08, 03:22 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyqueen View Post
woah - cellulitis is very dangerous on the face
I'm so glad you brought him in!

it can go from bad to worse in mere hours and people can actually die from it!
Wow scary. I've never heard of it!

I'm sorry your Mother's Day was spent in the ER . I hope Christian is feeling better today.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools