Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Well...

Reply Post New Topic

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 10-24-06 | 01:55 PM
  • Remember all those ceramic projects I have to do? In order to get them fired and glazed I have til November 18th to do all of them! So my goal is to get slabs made tomorow (I'll make a birdhouse) and let them harden... Then make 3 bowls on the wheel (at least) Now I can make 3 bowls at a time no problem.. the only problem will be is space!

November 18th is like 3 weeks away, and 2 classes a week. We can come in on the weekends, which I may have to do.....

(so 6 classes, and I have to make a TON of stuff!) I can do it!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-24-06 | 03:49 PM
  • better get cracking!!

I've been wanting to take a pottery class just so I could get some bowls out of it
    I took pottery in high school and won awards for some of the bowls I made on the wheel. I guess they were some magnificent shape

My mom still has several of my things - I made a giant coil vase that they still use all the time. They bring flower arrangements in it to church all the time too I don't think it's worthy of that... but it's still pretty cool.
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-24-06 | 09:24 PM
  • My mom did an art pottery class a couple years back- it looks like a lot of fun.

Hope you are able to get all your products completed with time to spare.
  • NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 10-25-06 | 07:19 PM
  • Well I feel better.. Monday I had glazed 7 items. I have to double check what they were.. (one was an EC thing) but the other 6 should have been small and maybe a large bowl? Then I found my missing bowl, have yet to glaze it, and had 9 bowls on my shelf to finish (ie. trim then bisque fire and glaze) SOOOO... I feel much more comfy. I do have to make my slabs because they have to be sorta hard in order to put together firmly, so..... I should get them cut and drying next week. I found a stick and am thinking for a mold to make the stick and use the teachers leaves or go get my own. And use that in my birdhouse and my mixed piece.