Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Well...

Reply Post New Topic

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 10-24-06 | 01:55 PM
  • Remember all those ceramic projects I have to do? In order to get them fired and glazed I have til November 18th to do all of them! So my goal is to get slabs made tomorow (I'll make a birdhouse) and let them harden... Then make 3 bowls on the wheel (at least) Now I can make 3 bowls at a time no problem.. the only problem will be is space!

November 18th is like 3 weeks away, and 2 classes a week. We can come in on the weekends, which I may have to do.....

(so 6 classes, and I have to make a TON of stuff!) I can do it!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-24-06 | 03:49 PM
  • better get cracking!!

I've been wanting to take a pottery class just so I could get some bowls out of it
    I took pottery in high school and won awards for some of the bowls I made on the wheel. I guess they were some magnificent shape

My mom still has several of my things - I made a giant coil vase that they still use all the time. They bring flower arrangements in it to church all the time too I don't think it's worthy of that... but it's still pretty cool.
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-24-06 | 09:24 PM
  • My mom did an art pottery class a couple years back- it looks like a lot of fun.

Hope you are able to get all your products completed with time to spare.
  • NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 10-25-06 | 07:19 PM
  • Well I feel better.. Monday I had glazed 7 items. I have to double check what they were.. (one was an EC thing) but the other 6 should have been small and maybe a large bowl? Then I found my missing bowl, have yet to glaze it, and had 9 bowls on my shelf to finish (ie. trim then bisque fire and glaze) SOOOO... I feel much more comfy. I do have to make my slabs because they have to be sorta hard in order to put together firmly, so..... I should get them cut and drying next week. I found a stick and am thinking for a mold to make the stick and use the teachers leaves or go get my own. And use that in my birdhouse and my mixed piece.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work