Baby Corner

Old 07-10-08, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default What would you do?

Right now I'm stuck on something and wanted to know what you all would do.

Hannah starts school on the 21st and her Grandmother, my mom, wants to take her Saturday through Friday on a camping trip. They would be returning before 4 on Friday afternoon. Justin and I have talked about it but we still aren't too sure on what we are going to do. A part of me is willing to let her go, but the other part of me is not wanting to be gone from her that long.

Would you let your child go or keep them at home?

Old 07-10-08, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If my girls were as old as Hannah, and my mum wanted to take them for that long I'd probably let her cause I know how much fun the girls would have. At the age my girls are now, I don't think I could do more than a couple of days.
Thank you the_littleminx!
icerayn (07-11-08)

Old 07-10-08, 07:07 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

It depends on how you feel about your mom. If you feel your child will be safe with her, let her go. If my mom was capable I would probably let my kids go for a few nights & then pick them up or stay with them for the rest of the trip.
Thank you 2babygirls!
icerayn (07-11-08)

Old 07-10-08, 07:34 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree - if it were my mom - I know she could handle Sarah so I would let her. If it were my MIL, she can't even take care of herself (eventhough she thinks she's 'with it' ) so I'd say no way.

My kids LOVE camping and I wouldn't deny them a special opportunity to spend time with their grandma like that doing something super fun as an end to summer vacation
Thank you skyqueen!
icerayn (07-11-08)

Old 07-11-08, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'd let mine go- I'd miss the heck out of them but I know they'd have tons of fun.
Thank you Mellie!
icerayn (07-11-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools