Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

What's New Ladies?

Reply Post New Topic

• Jillian Jillian's Avatar 10-12-08 | 07:06 PM
  • What's new with you?? Your Kiddos?? Your Family?? Haven't "talked" to you guys forever!!!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-12-08 | 08:26 PM
  • we've been BUSY!

we just found out about Sarah's surgery to correct her potty problems that'll happen in 3 weeks.

My biggest gripe right now is that this dang house has been ill - and VERY ill - for at least 3 weeks now and I'm sick and tired of it!
    First, Sarah started out with a tummy bug. Then Andrew and I caught it. Andrew had a cold come on at the same time. Andrew gave the cold to Sarah and me.
    So as it stands - Andrew and I are in our 2nd week of the tummy bug (like a Norovirus... it just keeps coming back a day after feeling better). Sarah is now coughing and sniffing like she has a sinus infection from the cold. Today, she's running a temperature!

I don't know what to do about tomorrow. I think Andrew will be well enough to go to school tomorrow (he missed school wed,thur,fri last week and 3 days the week before)
    But I don't feel very comfortable sending Sarah to school with how sick she is. We've been giving her meds and her inhailer... but it's not helping.
    now with the temp, I don't want to send her to school but I don't want her to miss out on school either. She too missed a bunch of school.

Tomorrow is our girl scout meeting and I don't know what to do about that. Should I cancel the meeting or still have it knowing Sarah is running a temp?
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 10-13-08 | 07:20 AM
  • that stinks Karen hope everyone is feeling better soon.... I'm so dreading our fist 'sickness' with the baby in the house now

we're good here! Connor is loving 1st grade, doing well is soccer and baseball... he's so cute with the baby- sitting here now next to me making her laugh.

Brennan is great as well- loving kindergarten-- I can't believe how he picks up things so quickly-- it's crazy how different kiddos can be.

Lyla is 8 mos old now just aout crawling - up on all fours and raring to go.
  • First timer 10-13-08 | 09:36 AM
  • Kelli-I can't believe Brennan is in K already--I thought he had another year!

All is well here Jillian. Sarah loves first grade--she actually made me a picture last night and wrote "thank you for signing me up for New City"--her private school. THAT makes it worth the money!

Andrew is in his last year of preschool. He is an awesome little boy.

How are you girls?
  • Jillian Jillian's Avatar 10-13-08 | 12:35 PM
  • My girls are doing good. Julia's in first grade and LOVING it! We just had her birthday party (a month late) and she had so much fun!!! She has a great group of girl friends and I hope they stay close. We are now going into our 8th week of school so in a couple weeks we'll be getting report cards. Julia thinks she'll get straight A's and based on the work she's bringing home, she most likely will. She's loving math & spelling but her favorite "subject" is recess.
    Kaitlyn is in her second year of preschool. She does like it a lot and goes with one of my best friend's daughters. Thank God they get along and I love car pooling to/from school!
    I bit off more than I should've this year. I'm PTO president, Brownie Leader, Soccer Coach for K's team, Julia's Home Room Mom, and I take a parent/child tap class with the girls. DH keeps telling me to go get a job to get paid for all the work I'm doing.
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well (except for Karen's sick family ... you got to get those bugs out soon!) and the kiddos and sibblings are growing up sooooooooooooooooo fast!!!!