Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

When would you...

Reply Post New Topic

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 05-11-07 | 12:16 PM
  • take your kids to an amusement park?? DH and I disagree on this... I think we should take the boys some day soon (within the next year or so) however dh thinks they should be closer to 10. (I used to go every summer multiple times when I was little; and I don't even like the roller coasters!) The boys LOVE the fair, and love to ride rides there so I think they would LOVE to go to Cedar Point. (however I would want to ride a FEW rides, therefore I would need to bring a designated babysitter for the kids, only because if we are paying $40/ adult to get in, why waste it?)

So I guess we differ in getting the most bang for our buck. I think the kids would have a blast, but DH wants them to be older so we can have a blast too....

www.cedarpoint.com
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 05-11-07 | 04:06 PM
  • that's a really good question.

We just took the kids to Disneyland and they both had the BEST time.
    the summer before that, we took them to Six Flags Marine World (in Vallejo, CA) and they've gone to other smaller parks like the local one called Oaks park (which ammounts to rides like you get from the travelling carnivals)

It has always been totally worth our money.
    Sarah is a scardy cat and doesn't like the rides that go high (I think she might not be my child )
    but Andrew is a major thrill seeker!

there seems to be a common height requirement for alot of the smaller rides but bigger than the kiddie rides of around 42inches - which of course just about all the 6 year olds are bigger (and Andrew is just over 42" too )

The way I look at it - when they're older, they don't enjoy 'fully' the park either. By the time they're 10, forget about them going on the kiddie rides Meaning, they just enjoy the amusement parks in different ways but they all still fully enjoy the parks. (except for kids under the age of 2 maybe who mostly sit in the stroller)

I guess if I had 4 kids, I might wait until the younger ones could enjoy it a little more - or at least have the majority of the kids be able to reach the height requirements for the bigger rides.
    For us, the deciding factor for us going to Disneyland now rather than waiting another year or so was the height requirement. Andrew passed the 42" requirement for the splash rides so we went.
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 05-11-07 | 07:20 PM
  • Abby wasn't quite a year old for her first trip to Disney World. She *gets it* more now, but enjoyed it even as a little one. My kids aren't big thrill riders either, but enjoy the rest of what Disney has to offer. Abby is 41" this year and will be able to to most of what Jacob can/will do. We parent swap for the rides that someone doesn't want to ride on or doesn't meet a height requirement.

Cedar Point looks to be more along the Six Flags type park- it's got some stuff for kids, but it's more of a thrill ride park than anything- I'd be a bit leary of taking the little ones- maybe make a special trip with Kevin and Aiden, that way no one has to sit out with the little ones everytime.
  • Carolyn23g Carolyn23g's Avatar 05-11-07 | 11:22 PM
  • I have been taking my kids to Cedar Point from the time they were tiny! We usually go as a group with other family members, so we can take turns being designated babysitter. We are driving back to Ohio over the 4th of July because Noah wants to go to Cedar Point for his birthday! So far two of my three love roller coasters - the faster and steeper the better. Connor was too little to ride the coasters two years ago, so it will be interesting to see how he does this year. It's expensive, but the kids always have a blast. They love the Snoopy kids area - and the show they put on with all the Peanuts characters.
  • NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 05-12-07 | 09:10 AM
  • Hmmm.. didn't think about that. Maybe if/when BIL's come down, we should all go as a group. That way we can all take turns riding and watching the kids... (since my neice is Aiden's age)

All the kids LOVE the fair rides, ESPECIALLY the roller coaster -well Ash was too short to ride that, but she went on the HUGE slides with DH and cried when he took the boys.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!