Baby Corner

Old 10-09-04, 10:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%
Arrow Worried

I have been really worried about Jaden. He hates eating. He only eats a few things at a time a day. He picks at food. He takes a multi-vitamin, and I give him Pediasure at night before bed. He needs a belt to keep his pants up. 2T are too short and 3T are too big in the waste. Wish they made a long 2T. What really sucks is there are so many cute clothes out there that come in a set but I cant buy them because the pants are always too big! I am going to take him to the docs soon for his 3 year old check up. She always tells me this is just Jaden and he is fine as long as he is still growing. But I still worry about it.
I measured him and he is 38 1/2 inches long and 26lbs. Are any of your kids around the same height/weight? he always mesaures below 3% for weight and 50% for height.

Old 10-10-04, 12:39 AM
Mommy to One

Thanked 16 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Jaden sounds like a mean lean fighting machine. I wouldnt worry to much if he is snacking thru out the day. I would leave a plate of fruits or veggies, crackers, etc out so he can nibble when he wants.
let us know what the doctor says. I think you have a basketball player in the making.

Old 10-10-04, 03:56 AM
Mummy to 3 active boys!!!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Z hates sitting for a full meal. He often snacks for the entire day - it seems like he is forever eating something. I wouldn't worry - check with the Doctor to make sure but if he/she is happy then you should be too!!

Old 10-10-04, 07:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I just read an article about this a minute ago. Did you know that the serving size for a toddler is often a teaspoon? I didn't know that. Grant's doctor told us that he only need 1-2 green beans for every 7-8 we eat, for example. Grant is a skinny minny, too. He can still wear his 2T jeans from last year, though they are a little short. We are lucky to get one good meal out of him a day, but according to the article I just read, that's okay for now. It did suggest to limit their drinking, as that fills them up. We are very guilty of that in our house. He always has chocolate milk in his hand, which probably keeps him from being hungry for food. But for the most part, Jaden sounds completely normal. Especially if your doctor thinks so!

Old 10-10-04, 12:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Ditto what everyone else said. I think as long as he's happy and healthy (sleeps well, has energy when he's playing, etc) then I wouldn't worry.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools