Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

6 weeks!

Reply Post New Topic

  • Kit25 02-20-12 | 11:13 PM
  • So I am due on April 3rd. So ready to not be pregnant anymore, between the constant battle of trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, waddling or rolling everywhere and the alien within. Just want to hold him and be off work now. I plan on working up until I cant (not sure how that would happen) or I go into labor at work. I truly wish i knew when he was coming as i don't want to take off work before i have him. My last was 2 weeks late and i had taken off 2 weeks before he was due. At the same time i REALLY hope this one isn't overdue. On the plus side at least this one has been head down the whole pregnancy. Any thoughts on if working up to the end will help hurry things along? I have read lots on people who try to induce labor themselves, once its at the safe point, just not sure how i feel on that one. Healthy and not two weeks late is what i am hoping for.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 02-21-12 | 02:11 PM
  • Depending on the type of work you do, I don't think working until you go into labor will speed anything along. I did not go into labor AT ALL before either of my c-sections were scheduled. My 1st was done at 39 weeks and my 2nd was done 2 days before my due date and nothing was happening in the way of labor.

    We have a girl at work that is due on 03/12 which is a Monday, so I am asssuming if she does not go into labor before then, her last day will be the Friday before as she said she wants to work up into she has the baby.
  • Elizabeth Elizabeth's Avatar 02-23-12 | 03:11 PM
  • I don't think working until the end will help things along. Your baby will come when he's ready. Working until the end will help you pass the time by, if you can do it. I wouldn't work past 36 weeks though just in case. You do want to have time to rest, relax and prepare for labor. Have you begun nesting yet?

    Hang in there! Time will fly by!
  • Kit25 03-10-12 | 12:25 AM
  • Went in to dr. today and found out that my son is breech, decided with all the possible complications because of the last breech, that when i go in again next fri i will just have her schedule a c-section. I plan on trying to work pretty much right up till then, which with the way my schedule has been should only be about 10 days. The hardest part will be the waiting till the day of.