Baby Corner

Old 10-30-08, 06:53 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Talking 14 week appt

I just got back from my OB appt. Everything looks great. It took the nurse quite a bit to track down the babies hb. Baby kept moving away from the dopler

HB was a nice 152 and she asked the girls if they wanted a brother! Everything else looked great! I've gained a lb and the OB said it was a little low for what he'd like to see. I explained to him my strong aversion to sugar and he said that would explain it and what a blessing to have while pg. It was a super fast appt. It took longer to drive there then it did in the waiting room and the exam room! I was in and out very fast! Next appt for 18 weeks is Nov 25th!

Laura

Old 10-30-08, 07:59 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

sounds like a great appt! i gained 4lbs by that time.

you are doing great!

the last time the doctor tried to find his hb, he kept moving away..just like my other ds..maybe this means you are having a boy too!
Thank you holly302!
LAB (10-31-08)

Old 10-30-08, 11:16 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

Excellent appt! I love listening to the little whumpa-whumpa-whumpa of the doppler!

I turn backwards on the scale. I don't want to know a thing. I did't know my weight at the start and won't ask to know it at any point.

I told the nurse she can scold me if I go off the deep end, but that's it -- no actual numbers

Last edited by Oreo; 10-30-08 at 11:19 PM.
Thank you Oreo!
LAB (10-31-08)

Old 10-30-08, 11:36 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Don't you hate short visits? Its such a build up to go and then wam, bam, thank you ma'am. My midwife isn't like that. We always visit with her. I think its important to build a good relationship with the person who will be delivering your baby. In my case she'll be sitting at my house for hours, so its even more so.

This baby has been very elusive when it comes to the doppler. Even the midwife has a hard time. When I went to the ER it took two different people to track it down! The one woman who tried first pushed on my belly so hard I was still sore two days later!

Lets just say that I was not happy about it when she was doing it and even more so the next two days. The man who found it after her was much more gentle, the opposite of what you would think.

Luckily I've done well so far with this PG on weight gain, 3 pounds. I am so proud because with my other two it was a lot more. I just haven't been ravenously hungry like with them. I'll be happy to see that the baby is growing well at my US on the 7th. Then I'll really feel okay about the low weight gain.
Thank you tarziesgirl!
LAB (10-31-08)

Old 10-31-08, 02:30 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I didn't feel rushed or hurried through while I was there. We had a good chat about weight gain and he kept asking me if I had any questions or concerns. The office was just so quick about getting me back there and "processed" if you will. My old OB's I'd wait at least 15 min if not an hr to be seen. I've spent sooooo many hrs waiting for appts between 2 pregnancies. I had come prepared with a little sewing kit and I only had time to thread my needle before I was taken back. I thought it was excellent! I really like my OB's bed side manner and feel very comfortable there! I was just soooo amazed when I got to the car that I had just gotten out of 20 min before that things went so quickly! Its also nice as I have to take my girls with me to appts. They didn't have time to get bored or side tracked!

Laura

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools