Baby Corner

Old 04-23-09, 07:08 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 39 week appt

I just got home. I'm now at a 4 cm dilation and 80% effaced. Everything else is looking good! He stripped my membranes again. I swear he went up to his elbow! Luckily it doesn't hurt, but boy is that a ton of pressure. He's on call at the hospital tonight and said if the contractions pick up again tonight (like they have every single night for 3 weeks!) to come in for monitoring and he might give me a little push and keep me there unofficially. Otherwise officially I'm on the induction list for tomorrow, but I'm #7 on the list! 3 c-sections and 3 people being induced are before me. He said there is a chance that they won't be able to do anything tomorrow as I'm so far down, but its a total wait and see sort of game. I'm really hoping that as his eviction papers have been signed that Everett will decide to come on his own this evening!

This exact thing is what my mom did with my brother (her 3rd). Tons of contractions for weeks with very slow progression. She ended up crowning with him in the shower and had no idea she was in real labor! I'd rather not do that!

Laura

Old 04-23-09, 07:27 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Good luck. Joseph did that. We kept going in and getting little pushes and nudges from the midwife and finally they worked. He was delivered on his due date so I guess he's just very prompt. She was going to send me in for induction if I hadn't made any progress by the end of that week. Joseph decided he didn't need that much urging.
I can't believe he's almost 3 months old!!

Old 04-23-09, 07:44 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck Mommy! I hope he decides to make he arival tonight.

Old 04-23-09, 09:36 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Have DH take the laptop with him so he can keep us updated on your progress. I hope he comes tonight or at least tomorrow!!!

Old 04-24-09, 02:22 AM
Loving Mommyhood!

Thanked 164 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'll be thinking about you Laura! I hope your little man is ready to make his appearance this weekend. Good luck!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools