Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > April - June Due Date Club >
41yr old grandmommy and OMG I'm pregnant!

41yr old grandmommy and OMG I'm pregnant!

Reply Post New Topic

• preggygrammy 10-08-10 | 10:33 AM
  • Never thought I would be on a site like this! My daughters are grown (24 & 18) and I have a four year old grandaughter and I just found out I'm pregnant (5wks). Is there anyone else in the same situation? I'm in shock and feel alone in my situation.

• countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 10-08-10 | 11:42 AM

•  

I'm not in your situation but I just wanted to send you a

and say....It's ok.
    Hope you have a wonderful 9 months!
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-08-10 | 01:44 PM
  • I am not in your situation either, but I have seen some older moms on here lately. congrats on you surprise!!!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 10-08-10 | 05:25 PM
  • You are an extremely young grandmother! Congratulations - what a surprise. Of course, I don't think 41 is old to be pregnant, considering that I am 42 and have two kids 4 and under.
  • momofthreeboyz momofthreeboyz's Avatar 10-08-10 | 07:37 PM
  • My dh & I had a surprise baby at 39/40 I admit at first I could only cry as it was not what I expected & I did not tell dh at first I had to digest it all first , but a few yrs later I am doing it I do get exhausted at times but boy I have pateince like you would not beleive & I enjoy every moment of my little man. My older ones are 15 & 10 so not the age gap you will have. There are many woman out there having babies in our same age range.

My boys when I told them both thought that it was the stupidest thing they heard & that I was way way to old for a baby lol.

Good luck with it all hopefully your feelings of being alone don't last

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!