Baby Corner

Old 10-22-09, 09:33 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Yeah, hang in there- it will get better. For most people the first part of the pregnancy is when they feel physically the worst- and it was for me. The second trimester is SO much better! I had to eat crackers first thing in the morning and couldn't handle drinking coffee anymore- you will find things that work for you too. And IA- drink LOTS and get as much rest as you can. Exercise also helped me feel better- I know, it's the LAST thing you feel like doing right now, but it REALLY helped my nausea, helped me sleep better, and have a little more energy. A good prenatal yoga or pilates dvd would be good- or just a walk around the block!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
TheWeatherGirl (10-23-09)

Old 10-23-09, 01:18 PM
is proud of my kids!
Josh and Xavier's Mom
"Pregnancy Board Contest Winner!! - 8/1/11"

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I too had horrible nausea and morning sickness my first trimester.

What worked for me to curb the nausea was ritz crackers and angel food cake! Just plain angel food cake, no frosting on it or anything.

Get plenty of rest.. This will soon pass, and you'll be up bouncin around again in no time!!

Old 10-25-09, 10:14 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Snack a little bit all day. As soon as I start feeling icky I eat just a small snack. Having an empty stomach is a one way ticket to pukesville

Once you get a handle on the things you can eat without feeling sick it'll help a lot too. I've got no variety in my day to day food, it's always yogurt, crackers, grapes, cheese and fruit, and plenty of ice cold water.

Luckily most people won't feel icky the whole time. Things start to level off as the second trimester approaches (thank goodness!!!!)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools