Baby Corner

Old 10-10-11, 05:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Introduction - Hi

Hi Ladies,
My name is Jen and I believe I am pregnant....I say believe since I am not trusting the tests yet.
I went off the pill to just see how things went...I was on it so long, that I wasn't expecting much the first month. I did however read a million preconception books, so I was kinda tracking my basal body temp and CM, so I would know what to look for in the future.

Well we had company staying with us, so I forgot the temperature thing for a week or so. I was still checking CM, so I didn't think I ovulated yet.

Friday I had plans for happy hour, last period 32 days prior, so I took a test just for peace of mind...
The first one was positive with a faint line. I then drove to the supermarket to buy another box of tests, and tested again, same thing.
I told my hubby when he woke up and we freaked out a bit, a little happy, and a little terrified, ok ALOT terrified.

He then convinced me that I should take another test, I still couldn't believe it could happen that fast for me, I am 35 and have endometriosis, so I was expecting to have issues. So I went and bought a different brand, that was negative.

I know, because I have to read everything, that the tests that you can use early, before missed perios, need to be used first thing in the morning, when the hormone levels are highest in the urine, so I still wasn't sure.
I waited until today, the longest weekend of my life, to test again, and the brand that was negative last time, was now positive.

So now, I think I am pregnant, but scared to believe it or tell anyone....I know many people who MC, and I cannot bear to have to tell peope that.
My hubby, however, cannot keep a secret to save his life, so I guess when he starts talking, I will tell my family at least. I have a dr apt at the end of the month, and asked him to at least wait until then, but we will see how that goes.

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and share my story, especially since I cannot tell anyone else, it is nice to be able to read, learn and ask questions from people who have been there.

Bye,
Jen

Old 10-10-11, 10:43 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

for a

from the doctor.

Old 10-10-11, 11:54 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

A line is a line. It's terribly unlikely that you'd have one false positive, let alone several! So congratulations and best wishes for a happy and healthy nine months!

Old 11-09-11, 09:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

see a doctor honey but i think ur pregnant so congratulation
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools