Baby Corner

Old 10-20-08, 04:48 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Talking last one?

I know a few of you had to jump through hurdles to get here...do you think this *may* be your last baby? For those of you who it's your first or didnt have much trouble conceving, are you planning any more children?

it took me over 2 years to get pregnant with DS and inbetween him and Lola, we had two losses in early pg. It took roughly 6 months to get pg with Lola. This baby wasnt neccesarily planned, but always wanted. I never dreamed that I would be saying that..usually pregnancy has been viewed as a hard thing to obtain in this household...we are unsure if this will be our last.

how about you?

Old 10-20-08, 05:46 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We hope for another close in age to this baby. Maybe not quite as close at 16 months like our first two, but 22-26 months would be nice!

DH keeps going back and forth. DH said the other night how he wishes we were having twins now. He's looking at it $$$ wise though. With a $1500 deductible, we're looking at it costing about $2,000 with insurance for a vaginal birth! The cost is certainly swaying him right now. I'm hoping that his company will get better insurance for the next though! DH even asked me if it was possible to "sneak" another in for 2009 so it would be covered under the deductible

After explaining the #'s to him that it was impossible without a preemie, he dropped the idea

So hopefully our insurance situation improves in the next yr or so. I'm not sure if we'll stop at #4 (DH says yes right now) or go for #5 (which is what we agreed on before we started having kids). Of course 4 would be easier on everyone and with everything! Most tables fit 6 (ours does right now) and such. I'm not sure. I think I'll evaluate how I feel after #4!

How was that for long winded

Laura

Old 10-20-08, 09:41 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

DH is never touching me again!!!!

We are done!!!! I'm too tired, too old, too crazy, too out of shape, too poor and too afraid of the inlaws to do it again. It would surely push DH over the edge.
And, I generally hate the physical (not baby) parts of pregnancy.

I will have my tubes tied when I can after delivery.

Old 10-20-08, 09:50 PM
Mom of 2 boys.

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am not sure. We are on #3. If it weren't for the pregnant part and the first few months I'd have a dozen, but, for me pregnancy is long, sometimes painful, and always uncomfortable. Also, I really don't like babies until they are like 5 months old. For me the first 15 months (with pregnancy counting) is just miserable. I was so sure Matthew was the last one, until he was about 5 months old, then I got the itch again.... almost too soon.... as Matthew will only be 17.5 months when this one comes. UGH.

Old 10-21-08, 01:21 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, this baby wasn't planned by us. I personally would have waited a little longer to have it. I'm not sure if its the last one. I really don't like to talk about it. It feels too final, like closing a door that can't be opened again. I just figure that I'll leave it up to God. If I get PG then I'm having another. I don't use BC anyway, I temp.

Its never easy to tell my folks about PG either. This last time was the easiest. Perhaps the next would be even easier. My in-laws had five children, so I don't feel like they'd ever be difficult to tell. Besides, I don't really care what they think. Its always been my folks who were the tough set.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools