Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > April - June Due Date Club My boss just clinched it

My boss just clinched it

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-01-07, 01:52 PM
I am Blessed!

Thanked 23 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.87%

sounds like a jerk! do you know who told about your pg? that's pretty inconsiderate ...

Old 10-01-07, 03:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I work in HR and that sounds I-L-L-E-G-A-L to me!!!! Dont you have the option for STD? I would look into your rights at your company and see about that..something is not right.

Unfortunately, I only get 6 weeks paid and then I have to take the next 6 unpaid. And more unfortunately, I will ALWAYS have to work if we want to keep up our lifestyle. I'm so jealous of my stay-at-home-Mom friends!!!

Old 10-01-07, 03:25 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

We only have 9 employees including the boss himself. So no disability etc.

I was the 1st person to get pg here.. back in 2003.. so I kinda set the rules as far as maternity leave and compensation..

Old 10-02-07, 11:06 AM
Community Member

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

if I were you, I would stick it out until my mat leave (what I am doing) and then while you are off look for another job, that will hopefully pay better. After 15 years, I would expect a much better response from your boss, that just sucks.

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools