Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

My first u/s on Nov. 2nd

Reply Post New Topic

• jlynn1313 jlynn1313's Avatar 11-03-09 | 06:07 PM
  • The doctor said he didn't count the heart rate. He just said by lookiing at it he could tell it was under 100. He said he thought it might be around 50 to 60.

I did call and talk to his nurse this morning. She actually sounded a little more positive. She said there was no reason at this point to check my levels. She said the fact that I'm not having any problems, like bleeding, is a good sign. The doctor doesn't feel there needs to be any other testing until they know more next week. She said that for some pregnancies, it is still too ealry to tell.

It definitely reassured me. I feel more confident and hopeful now.
    Tell me more about Alex. How many weeks were you and what was his heart rate?
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-03-09 | 06:56 PM
  • How far along do you think you are?
  • 3Princes 11-03-09 | 08:01 PM
  • Those numbers are good. The number should double every 48-72 hours. So those numbers are pretty good.
  • cshannon91 11-03-09 | 10:41 PM
  • Im glad to hear everything is still positive!
Thank you cshannon91!
jlynn1313 (11-04-09)
  • jlynn1313 jlynn1313's Avatar 11-04-09 | 05:45 PM
  • I'm 7 weeks today and still feeling pregnant!
    I spoke with a different doctor yesterday, whose also a friend, and she said she wouldn't be too concerned at this point. She's had other mom's go through the same thing and everything turned out fine. The u/s was probably too early, she said. Who knows exactly when that little heart starting beating? I'm definitely staying hopeful now, especially since I haven't had any complications thus far. That's a good sign.

I really do appreciate all your concern. It's nice to have people to talk too.
    Talk with you again soon. Have a good day ladies!
    Jlynn