Baby Corner

Old 10-03-07, 11:24 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%
Smile A Nursery..

Will you deocrate a room as a nursery for baby ? Do you already have one ?? or will baby be co-sleeping etc. so there is no need for another room. ??

We have a nursery already set up that DD sleeps in .. if this is a girl then we won't even need to shuffle rooms(the nursery is bigger than the other spare) Chloe will move to a toddler bed and baby will go into the crib.. if it's a boy then we will be moving DS into the nursery and redecorating both rooms..

So in essence.. a girl would make the living Arrangements so much easier..

Old 10-03-07, 11:39 AM
is is trying to do 100 things at once
Community Member

Thanked 215 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

hmmm, for us... we were thinking several things. Both rooms are about the same size. We have a 4th bedroom that is nice but it is downstairs in the basement and there is no way I would put Garrett down there at 7. We only use it for company. Soooo, we were thinking of moving Jake to Garrett's room and getting them bunkbeds regardless of gender. They seem to sleep together a lot anyway in Garrett's twin bed. Then my SIL told my DH how dangerous bunk beds are for the child on top. So then DH didn't want to do that. Our master bedroom is really big and has a sitting room in it that is completely useless to us so we had thought of maybe taking the sitting room and closing it in and putting french doors on it and using that for the baby. My Dad is a retired contractor and said it would cost us about $1000 to do it. He would do it with DH. Jake is currently in a toddler bed and we could leave Jake in the toddler bed and leave him in with the baby but eventually he will need a full size bed and I don't think there will be room for the crib & a full twin bed. Can you tell we have a dilemma!!!

Old 10-03-07, 11:42 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

We figure we'd eventually do bunk beds also.. maybe start out with a day bed or just 1/2 of the bunk combo..

Old 10-03-07, 12:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

we have a whole lot of reshuffling to do, before this baby comes. We are in the process of finishing the basement right now. Then MIL (that lives with us), will move downstairs. DH's home office will move into that room. And baby will be in the current office. Lot's of moving and spending on the basement right now.

Old 10-03-07, 12:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

I am doing the nursery in gender nutrual colors for the twins (we will not be finding out their sexes) I found one the other day I liked, so I finally committed and bought it. I am excited to start decorating.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools