Baby Corner

Old 12-07-08, 06:07 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Thumbs up Post Disney

Well, we all made it through. Although it was the longest day EVER! What I didn't mention yesterday, because I didn't have time, was that we get in for free as extras while the Disney Christmas parade is being filmed. We have gone for about six years now. This year we almost didn't get to go because they changed how things worked.

We only live about an hour from Disney so its not too bad, unless you've only had four hours of sleep and have been awake for 20 hours straight. The drive home was grueling. Both kids were asleep, but we were so tired it was hard to stay awake. We tried music, keeping a window cracked, talking and nothing worked. We were debating pulling over to sleep on the side of the road!

It was a fun day, but I rode on one of those electric scooters the whole day and it was totally uncomfortable! The seat was the worst. It had a bar in the back under your bottom that hurt so bad I could barely walk when I had to. I couldn't sit still and couldn't really lean forward too much while resting to relieve it. I'm still in pain from it. Lets just say the not so friendly companions I acquired after the birth of my DS were are still not happy about sitting on that chair all day!

It was too funny, when we got home we woke our son up to open our fence gate and he couldn't figure out how to get his seat belt off. He just sat there dazed and confused. When we finally got inside the house he went to his room and layed on the floor spread eagle and fell asleep. My DH woke him up and he got into the shower and he fell asleep on the floor! My DH got him up and he got out and fell asleep on the floor in our room. From there I told my DH to please get him directly into bed so he didn't step on his sleeping sister on her bed on the floor beneath his.

Let's just say the kids were more pooped than we were. I found out my DS couldn't sleep so he paced around his room keeping the both of them up. I think he said they got two and a half hours sleep! I can't believe how long they stayed awake all considering, and us too. I have to say that its hard to get it all done in one day, but we tried hard. We have to get our fix for a whole year in one day.

I always shop at the end of the day and get the kids a few little things for Christmas from Disney to remind them of our trip all year. I got them both washclothes, silverware sets, and DS a Mickey pencil for school work, and DD a bracelet with Mickey charm.

Old 12-07-08, 06:49 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

Sounds awesome!! I wish I lived an hour from Disney!!

I know what you mean about tired on the way home! Those fun park can be grueling!

So glad you had fun!!!
Thank you Oreo!
tarziesgirl (12-07-08)

Old 12-07-08, 08:13 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I'm exhausted just reading that! I'm glad you got to go and I'm sure the kids had a blast!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
tarziesgirl (12-08-08)

Latest Articles
When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools