Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Potentially horrible..

Reply Post New Topic

• Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 10-05-07 | 08:52 AM
  • DH came home last night with forms to fill out. .. His company is looking into changing insurance.. not bad.. cost would be better etc.. but here's the kicker.. My Ob/Gyn's practice does not take HMO's...

So I told Dh if they intend to switch to an HMO before this baby is born he had better get a 2nd job to pay for my medical costs to keep this current insurance... because THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL OR ON EARTH I WILL BE CHANGING DRS. FOR MY 3RD CHILD AND C-SECTION !!

I was getting so upset just thinking about it last night..

So ladies please keep your fingers crossed that they keep this insurance at least til after baby arrives or else the new stuff is a choice plan.

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 10-05-07 | 09:04 AM
  • ugh! so frustrating!

we just had an ins. switch in January and I went from full fertility coverage up to 50K to NOTHING...... so all of my treatments were not covered from that point on

luckily most u/s were treated as 'medical' so they did get covered but if I had to go on any drugs, etc it would have cost us out of pocket....

I feel so bad about the hmo part-- that is HORRIBLE!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 10-05-07 | 09:07 AM
  • I was having a coniption when I went with this specific Dr. and I scheduled my 1st appt. when they said No HMO's I almost fainted because I *thought* that's what we had..

I LOVE my Dr. he is AWESOME and I want to make sure he delivers my last baby!
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-05-07 | 09:16 AM

•  

Beth- even if you switch, your old insurance might still cover the PG- if it's a "global" pregnancy package (meaning they don't bill for each visit), once you've started with the OB on that plan, they will most times cover you through delivery and the 6 week check. It's like a pre-exsisting condition type thing.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 10-05-07 | 09:18 AM
  • Oh crap Really Mel ??? OMG that would be SOOOO Awesome..

I only pay for the 1st visit with this insurance.

Thanks so much for that news!!! I'll check into that