Baby Corner

Old 08-06-07, 02:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default Really bad dream!

I am nothing but a ball of emotions! I had the worst dream last night that I went to the dr. and they told me nothing was there., that I wasn't pg.
We've been through so much crap and had so many let downs (DH finding out he was sterile, multiple IUI attempts), that this dream just made me so upset! I was crying all morning and of course I had to go in for another one of the hcg tests. Today was my 4th and it was 454 and I am 5 weeks. Even though its in the range, its on the low end and I am so worried that something is going to go wrong because it always does.
I am SO borrowing trouble here. I think my parents can tell I"m worried and they're not sure why. It's like we're all walking on eggshells. People always said the worry only gets worse when you get the positive! Who knew. I just need to see/hear that heart beat to really know that its really happening. Whew! Thanks for listening to me vent!

Old 08-06-07, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I am sure that all will be well, is there a possiblity you can ask your doctor to send you for an early ultrasound to ease your mind, as stress is not good for you or the bean...

Old 08-06-07, 03:36 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

The baby's heartbeat won't show on a vaginal ultrasound until about 6.5 weeks.

For now, try to breathe and relax. Your numbers are doubling and good, so try not to borrow trouble. I know it's hard to be positive with so many bad past experiences, but since this is your greatest hope and dream, I highly suggest letting the happiness of this dream through. Hope is a huge positive and can make miracles.

Pregnancy can be awfully scary since it so important, but it can be a wonderful time as well.

Good Luck -- and stop borrowing trouble!!!

Old 08-06-07, 04:37 PM
is is trying to do 100 things at once
Community Member

Thanked 215 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I am sorry you are having a hard time! I had some blood drawn this morning and should get the results tomorrow. I think I am right with you as far as the due date. I am curious to see what mine is tomorrow. I will tell you that it isn't good to worry and I have determined not to do that this time around and just enjoy the miracle. I worried constantly with my last child and ended up with an ulcer and he was perfectly fine!

I know it is hard!

Old 08-06-07, 05:31 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I completely understand.....

If your numbers are consistently doubling, then trust your docs and don't worry

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools