Baby Corner

Old 11-20-08, 05:25 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Default Should I be freaking out?

Last night I told my DH that I seemed much smaller then I have been. He looked at me and said I was fine. Baby is moving around like crazy. Last night I could feel the movements even more then usual and the girls could feel baby kicking.

I got dressed and my pants are falling off me! I just took my waist measurements and I've lost nearly 3" since the first of the month! I'm not quite 9 squares now and I was 9 1/2 on TP Tuesday.

I lost amniotic fluid with Christine, but I think I was farther along (like 24ish weeks) when that happened. They never could figure out what happened. I'm trying to figure out if I'm a neurotic mess and if I should call into the OB's or just take this as normal?

Laura

Old 11-20-08, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

i'm not sure but I would call the Dr just to put your mind at ease. I freak out over everything so I would call the Dr.

Old 11-20-08, 05:29 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 5.45%

Hmm.... not sure on that one, but if losing the fluid was bad last time I'd call the ob just for piece of mind this time.

I thought I was losing weight, too... But that was the week the nurse told me I had gained two pounds, so I guess I have no real clue. Do you think baby could just be moving up that is making the pants looser?

Old 11-20-08, 05:35 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I called and left a message with the receptionist for the nurse to talk with the OB and call me back.

My OB with Christine totally freaked out! I was rushed into the office for an ultrasound. They couldn't find a leak or anything. They did frequent U/S's and I stayed very small my whole pg and measured a couple months behind. She was a healthy 7 lbs and born full term. There wasn't a known reason for the lack of amniotic fluid, but they would measure pockets to make sure there was enough.

I'm guzzling water to see if that helps. Can't hurt right? I'm not having any contractions or anything. Baby is kicking and doing its rolly polly thing right now.

Laura

Old 11-21-08, 09:20 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 5.45%

i dont have any real solid advice, but I think calling the OB just to be sure was a great idea. I hope you are feeling much better today! I think the baby moving around like crazy is a great indicator of his/her health.

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools