Baby Corner

Old 04-08-09, 03:18 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default So baby hungry!

We went over to pick up some baby clothes from a guy that used to work with my DH until last month. One of the girls that used to work there, but is due the same day as me got huge boxes of hand me downs from a relative. She took what she wanted and dropped it off at the guys house. They took what they wanted and gave us the rest. I was very shocked to find some super cute stuff in the boxes! Being the 3rd people to pick through them we were expecting well thirds

I've got Ralph Lauren T's and Gymboree outfits now! There was the cutest Gymboree chipmunk outfit with a matching hat in there! Got to love a newborn hat with ears!

Anyway, I thought she'd still be pg as she was about a week ahead of me, but we got there and they had him 3 weeks early! He was 5 days old! I was surprised that she let the girls hold him (she offered, I'd never have asked!). I did have the girls wash their hands before holding him! The girls were in love! He was 7 1/2 lbs and sooooo cute!

It was interesting seeing how my girls acted so differently. Nicole just wanted to hold him forever and loved every minute of it. Christine held him for about 5 minutes and then said she was done. So Nicole got a second turn which she loved! She's such a good baby holder. While Nicole held him, Christine was playing with his hands and feet and really getting into the interaction part of having a new baby. It was so fun so see the differences in their personalities and how they acted with him.

They named him Emerson (not sure if that's spelled right). Another guy at work just had a baby girl named Elizabeth this week. They are calling her Ellie. We'll have an Everett and the girl with the clothes is naming her son Ethan! I guess this is the month for E names

I can't wait to have our baby now! My arms are just aching to hold a tiny baby again!

Laura

Old 04-08-09, 03:21 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I'm ready, too!!

Bring it on. The braxton hicks have been getting stronger and more frequent, but they aren't the real deal yet. I've lost a bit of the plug, but not enough to think "game on".... Come on, already!!!!

Old 04-08-09, 03:23 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

oh-- and glad you got some good stuff!!!

Old 04-08-09, 03:26 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We'll be holding our little ones soon! Today would be a good day to have a baby

Laura

Old 04-08-09, 03:46 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Sounds like you got some great stuff. I bet the girls cant wait for their little brother.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools